Sunday, April 15, 2018

Keep His Name On Your Lips


One of the greatest things about being a missionary is that our presence alone, testifies of our Lord Jesus Christ. Someone recently told me that just by being around us and realizing the commission we carry, causes them to feel of Christ’s reality and have a desire to change their lives. But how much better if we open our mouth and testify of Christ right then and there!? We are encouraged as members of this church to keep Christ on our lips. If you are at a loss of things to say, testify of Christ! (haha, I can just see myself on a date after the mission, running out of things to say, and I just start rattling off the restoration or testifying of Christ... chaahm.. its gonna happen just watch. #cries.)

Christ on your lips miracle: We did a Zone find this week in Po Lam and had some incredible miracles! We made it our goal to try and contact boys ages 14-20. I literally felt like I had a radar for teenage boys!  I would see one from so far away and find a way to cross paths and it was just amazing the miracles we saw!  So many of them were ready for direction in their lives! But thats not even the end! We got on the bus to go home and I still had that divine radar... So we go to the top of the bus and these teenage boys get on at the next stop.  They came up to the top floor of the bus and with my crazy teenage boy radar I freaked out and started to follow them to the back of the bus.  One of the Elders I was with stopped me and said this was a little creepy! Like what?! So then the Elders went off on this rant about how it was so much harder for Elders to find people because everyone is scared of how formal they look. NOT TRUE!! So I was getting fired up and told him to go to the back of the bus or else I would!  He did and ended up giving the kid a Book of Mormon and teaching him about the Restoration!  Then me and Sister Sam went down to the bottom of the bus because we didn't want to sit with the Elders anymore. We walked down and went to the back by a teenage boy. I sat down and asked him if he knew where Ko Saan Kek Cheung was because I needed to find my way home.  I told him I lived by a soccer court.  He turns and says, "Just get off with me, I know where you live."  He started laughing and I’ll admit, we were a little creeped out.  I asked him how he knew where we lived and he told us he lives right across the street from us and has seen us every day for years!  He has never talked to any of the missionaries though!  He is 23 and one of the most humble boys I have ever met. The next day was a Saturday, and we had invited him to church on Sunday, but apparently when I invited him I told him "see you tomorrow".  I didn’t mean to say that but I had implied that church was on Saturday . . . So he showed up to the church Saturday morning at 9am!  When we found this out, we just asked if he had time to meet and he said yes.  We met and he told us his whole life story and we taught him the Restoration. It was incredible! He then came again to church the next day!! SO this week Chris was our big miracle.

I LOVE this new idea of ministering! THIS IS EVERY MEMBER A MISSIONARY in ONE word! We are all ministers! Keep Christ on your lips! Testify of him at all times, in all things, in all places! Keep him at the front of your mind and let Him guide you and direct you as you minister to his lost and found sheep!

Love you all!  Sister Webb


Sis. Sam & I are having such a GREAT time serving together!! 

Some of our roomate missionaries:)


No comments:

Post a Comment