Monday, February 20, 2017

Lice, Love & Miracles

Yes, we have lice!

The lice story: So our first week at the MTC Sister Richards, one of the girls in our district, said she had just recently had lice. She was certain though, everything was gone and they had cleaned her out completely. BUT just to be sure, none of us used her stuff. Anyway forward to this week. Thursday, Sister Richards pulled all us girls aside and told us she found a louse on her shirt that day. So she went to the clinic to get checked out and they didn't see anything, but they confirmed that what was on her shirt was a louse. So we started the moving out process, repacking all our stuff slowly. (Today we're really going at it, ALL our clothes are either in the dry cleaners or the wash machines at this very moment...) Anyway, this was starting to take a toll on Sister Richards.  She was feeling so bad, even though we were all showing support and love. She just felt so gross and bad about everything.

THEN... Yesterday, my companion confessed to me! ((side note: we have two girls from Philippines in our district.  My companion, Sister Milan, and Sister Bannagao.  Sister Milan speaks and understands English fluently, Sister Bannagao, does not.)) So Sister Bannagao had told Sister Milan THREE WEEKS AGO that she had REALLY bad lice. She had come to the MTC with it. But she was too embarrassed to tell anyone. So the lice in Philippines are big and black, whereas here, they're small and match the color of your hair. And Sister Richards found a big black one. SOOOO now comes the cool part. Sister Bannagao was out of the room and the rest of us were in there, and Sister Milan FINALLY told everyone else. BUT we made a deal we wouldn't tell sister Bannagao we knew about this. So, Sister Richards lovingly took the blame. But that's not the only amazing thing. Sister Richards had no idea why she had lice 3 months ago. And not just that, she had it for 2 months straight!  She knew every possible way to get rid of lice and was a pro at it. So much so she called it her "living hell". But she came to realize that she had to go through it for the sake of Sister Bannagao. Had one of Sister Bannagao’s lice not dropped on Sister Richard's dress, we could have never known we had lice in the room, and Sister Bannagao would have never been treated. God works in mysterious ways. We all went and got checked this afternoon and MIRACULOUSLY, none of us have lice except Sister Bannagao!  We all spent about 4 hours picking nits out of her hair.  I get itchy talking about it so let's move on . . . 

So many amazing things this week:

My Dad. Me and my companion were teaching an investigator about the Atonement, repentance and baptism and asked him to be baptized. He said yes (: Then I felt prompted to talk about my baptism, even though I don't remember much about it. Suddenly a warm feeling came to me and I was reminded of my Dad's arms. When I came out of the water, the first thing I remember were my Dad's arms around me. And I couldn't help but share that I know that's what it will be like the second we enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Our Heavenly Father will be there, waiting to embrace us. It brings tears to my eyes as I ponder the importance of a Father. Not only does a Father provide, love, care for, and comfort us. A Father gives us life. If you're a Father reading this, Thank You for everything you valiant men stand for as Fathers. I imagine it would be an honor to stand in a good Father's shoes. I personally know there is no way I will ever be able to show my gratitude fully for everything my Father has given me. A Father's love is indescribable as is our Father in Heaven's, and I CANNOT wait to return to Him one day and feel his embrace speaking unspoken words of love. I love you Dad!

Two songs really stuck out to me this week. One “Waiting For Me" by Julie Yardly. It was very touching and it actually changed my whole mood this last Tuesday, so thank you Julie Yardly.  The lyrics read:

Here I am again
Seems like I'm standing still
Knowing that it's finally time to start
There have been some things
Keeping me from moving forward
I can feel them holding back my heart

So I will face my fears I'll give up my pride
The choice is mine, that's how it needs to be
Trusting in Your love I feel a change inside, and I can see
You were just waiting for me

You've helped me believe
That I can move this mountain
That I can reach the other side
This is what I want
And the road, it won't be easy
But with you there, I know it's worth the price

So I will face my fears
I'll give up my pride
The choice is mine, that's how it needs to be
Trusting in Your love I feel a change inside, and I can see
You were just waiting for me

You never gave up, you've always been there
Patiently waiting for me

So I will face my fears I'll give up my pride
The choice is mine, that's how it needs to be
Trusting in Your love I feel a change inside, and I can see

You were just waiting for me

Another song that had a big impact on me this week and is kind of a follow-up from last week, and came from a good friend. It's by Davis Handley and it's called "It's Not About You".  If you have time, these two songs have touched me this week and may touch some of you (:

Now I want to thank Mothers. As I've reflected this week, Mothers have such an honorable role. Father's do too, but my mind has been focused on Mothers for some reason.  A Mother's mission to me is the greatest of all. Mothers raise their children, they teach them through example and love (many take this for granted).  A Mother's missionary work within the home is mind blowing. When a mother brings a soul to this earth, she becomes not only a mother, but a missionary. She will teach correct principles like how to love unconditionally, how to be diligent, patient, obedient, and the importance of the Gospel in our lives. I will never be able to find the words to thank my Mother for her testimony and unconditional love for me. Mothers have the most HONORABLE call in the world. I hope that Mothers will be able to see the fruits of their labors in their children because I know I wouldn't be where I am today without the influence of my Mother.  Thank you for everything you Mothers do for us.

This week we had the opportunity to hear from Elder Ballard!  One of the most profound things he said in my opinion was this:   "I do not believe there is anything more important in our report to the Lord than to tell Him of our best attempt to bring back souls to Him."  This was profound to me because it really makes missionary work, in my eyes, all that more important. When we return to Heaven, God will care about many things we did, but he will be MOST interested in the work we did to bring souls back to Him. He also said, “If you can get down on your knees and pray to God saying, ‘I have done my best today’, then you are a successful missionary.”  This is so HOPEFUL to me!

I am SO grateful for this amazing opportunity I have to serve a mission.  I have come to really love the MTC. There is a very special spirit about it. I am surrounded by servants of the Lord, called by Him, to bring souls unto Him.  I have never been so sure in my life that this is what I'm supposed to be doing. I am so grateful for Christ's Atonement as I'm slowly realizing how real and personal it is for each one of us. Also, I had a very personal experience this week, and can say that I know without even a fraction of a doubt, that everything about the Restoration, the coming forth of the Book of Mormon, and the beloved prophet Joseph Smith is true. I love this gospel, and I can't wait to make it a part of more lives!

Sorry for the narrative this week (:

Love you all

Love Sister Webb





Where we're all from!

Where we're all going!

No comments:

Post a Comment