Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Reflections on my MTC experience . . .

WOW! I can't believe it’s my last week in the MTC. It has been amazing, horrible, humbling, joyful.. name an emotion!  I’m sure I've felt it!  Just like anyone else who’s served a mission. But God is real. I am beyond grateful for the prayers and fasts this week, oh my gosh it has helped! Thank you so much. I seriously love all of you! I had a very humbling experience this week. The stress of leaving for Hong Kong in a week started to set in and I let a tear or two escape me.  But then I closed my eyes to start taking deep breaths, a moving picture came to my mind. I was curled in a ball on my knees crying and praying. I looked up and Christ was standing there reaching down to me. I grabbed both His hands and He pulled me up into a hug. If you've never envisioned a hug with Christ, close your eyes and try it.  It brought me so much peace and comfort!

So I want to kinda share a bit of my journal with you. It will give you a good laugh..

Day 1: 'Wow. It’s been a day.'
Day 2: I’m having an even harder time today.  I think I cried all morning and now I've cried all night. I really don’t like this, I want to serve. But this is so hard.
Day 4: Today was really good! WE EXERCISED!! What a blessing!
Day 6: WOW! Today has been Amazing!  God is literally carrying me through this!
Day 11: Today was really rough. I've been on the verge of tears since about 2pm this afternoon.
Day 12: Today’s been amazing!
Day 13: BEST DAY EVER!!
Day 17: Today has been really hard. 1) my companion  2) home sickness 3) LANGUAGE BARRIER  4) the food hurts.
Day 18: Lesson learned God. This work is not about me!
Day 24: How to begin describing today.. Long, hard, emotionally exhausting, feeling the natural man, painful, relieving, unqualifying, tiring. Wow.. it’s been rough.
Day 30: I’m sick.
Day 36: Today was sooooooooooooooooo LONG! but so good!! I learned that we make plans and sometimes God laughs at us a little.
Day 40: Today was AMAZING
Day 41: wow. bad day.. really, really, bad day
Day 45:We have an amazing God, and missionaries have such an incredible purpose. Today has been so enlightening. I love Sundays!
Day 50: Time is going by so fast! Oh my gosh!!
Day 51:  Technically I should be exercising right now
Day 54:  Don’t ever pray for God to test your faith. ouch...


haha (: wow. what a transition.

I just want to testify of a few things right now

1. Unity in a companionship and relationship. Me and my companion started companionship prayers together last week.  At first it was just because we're both STL's and the girls around us were struggling. But our prayers have turned into so much more. We prayer for each other aloud, we bare testimony to each other every night aloud in our prayer to God.  We ask for things we need as a companionship, we are honest with each other, and talk about everything. She has become my best friend here and my saving grace. I want to testify that I know that is because we have directed all our efforts towards God. We have realized our first priority is God. Our love for each other has increase 100 fold. Prayer will SAVE relationships with any companion you have. It’s a fact! When you let God know you put him before your companion, He will bless you BEYOND anything you can imagine! I am a witness of that this week!

2.  “A man in a row boat” - This pilot is flying a plane. His plane crashes in the ocean.  The whole plane goes down, leaving him with a  life raft and two ores. He can see no land anywhere. What would you do?  You would row. So did he. But after two hours your back starts to hurt. Your hands start to blister. So you stop. You went as far as you thought you physically could go. You are preparing to die. Then a current comes. So while you rest, the current moves you through the ocean.  You’re thirsty, exhausted, and done . . . but then you see land!  What happens now?  HOPE!  You now know you have the ability to live!  All the sudden you don’t care about the blisters on your hands or the throbbing in you back. You just row, you push, faster and harder than ever before.
I testify this is how God works. We are sometimes pushed to that very limit. We are face to face with a falling fall.  But the second you feel you have no ability to go on, God comes into the picture. He shows you His love, He holds you in His arms. I know God is real. I know His love for each and every one of us is personal. I don’t know how and I can’t comprehend it. I'm just extremely grateful for it!

Sorry for the novel. I know God listens to us. I learned that so many times this week. I love this gospel and I love God’s plan. I know God loves you!


Love Sister Webb


Sister Milan decided to make a fort one day:)

Emily - thanks for drawing these just for me!  I've kept them in my room and they make me happy!  The Payson Temple where I received my endowment and the Hong Kong Temple - Where I'll be in ONE WEEK!  Love you EM!

My mom sent banana chips per my request and we didn't want to ask the kitchen for a can opener . . . 

Our last trip to the Provo Temple this morning

They think they're all that

Many new Elders  in our zone


No comments:

Post a Comment