Sunday, March 26, 2017

I'M IN HONG KONG!!!

What a week!

It’s been a really rough transition, and I have like NO time to write, so my letters from here on out will be very brief!

1) I got a ticket on the Hing Tit (kind of like a bus) because I didn't have any money on my bus card!

2) I broke down twice. Adjusting to missionary life is a lot harder than I could’ve ever imagined!  BUT!! So many miracles!  First was D&C 6. A really good friend told me to read this when I got to Hong Kong. SAVED MY LIFE!  And working.  Just work work work. I was getting really down and I read a talk by President Holland. He got in my face a bit, nose to nose and heart to heart. He says, "Experience is not easy, welcome to the church. Welcome to the life of the Savior, who knows quite a bit about cups from which one does not want to drink, and paths one does not want to walk." Got it Elder Holland. I'll stop complaining!

3)  Cheng Outs: These are going to a member’s house to eat.  Instead of calling it a take-out the missionaries call it a cheng out. So it’s not often you get these supposedly. But in my special case, and because God loves me beyond measure, I have had a cheng out EVERY night but last night since I arrived in HK. WOW!  Good food over here!  I've eaten squid, lamb, full scaled fish and shrimp, crab and eggs and LOTS of rice.  What a week!

4) GENERAL CONFRENCE IS COMING UP!!!! ASDKFHSKDFHQKJF!!! I’m so excited!!!

5) Leung Hing Diah: A recent convert I get to teach all the lessons to. I watched his confirmation this Sunday, (and they made me speak!!! BLAH!) but it was so cool!

6) Nico and Sarah: Sarah is Nico's mom. They are investigators.  They are amazing!  Sarah loves the ward (so do I by the way) and we are teaching her right now. Her baptism date is May 7, so I’m super excited I get to be a part of this for the next few months.

 Overall I've had a really busy week.  Some parts beyond amazing, some harder than I could have ever imagined! Thank you for all your emails! Sorry those of you I didn't get to email back! I still love you, but the rules of this mission are more important (:

Thanks for all the prayers! It’s helping more than you know! Love you all!


Love Sister Webb

Arrival at the airport in HK

The mission home is right across the street from the HK Temple!  Pres. & Sister Lam are WONDERFUL!

There are four of us in our flat.  The dark-haired girl, Sister Gomes, is my trainer.  She is from Florida and has 2 months left in her mission.  She is INCREDIBLE!  She speaks Canto so well and is kind and patient and SO HARD WORKING!

My little corner . . . little being the key and we have one of the biggest flats in the mission!


A veiw outside my window

We ride the bus and use the MTR (subway)

My first warning from public transit for not having money on my bus card

Our ward meets right above this store

A Relief Society activity with the sisters in our ward.  I LOVE THEM!  They've been so kind to me!

Our Relief Society . . . none of them speak English.  I'll admit I fell asleep in church yesterday a few times.  Still not over the jetlag . . . 

1 comment:

  1. Sister Amanda....You will be a TOTALLY AWESOME Missionary :-) Jimmie and I are sending hugs and prayers your way!!

    ReplyDelete