Monday, March 6, 2017

CPR and Other Lessons I Learned This Week

So many amazing things this week but I don’t have a lot of time!
First lesson I learned this week is that CPR saves lives. Church, Pray, READ!!!  If you are not doing these basic things, YOU WILL NOT SURVIVE SPIRITUALLY!!  Even if you think these things are too hard to do, or think you don’t have time, or whatever your reason is, it is SOO important to go to CHURCH, say your PRAYERS and READ the word of God!! If you don’t believe me, and feel like your life is going just fine without doing these things, take a step back.   Be honest with yourself and examine any pride you may have.  Think of Christ waiting at the door for you to open it to Him.  He is always there waiting to literally rescue us, but we must let Him in.  I testify that the blessings from God for doing these 3 basic things are immeasurably generous!

Second lesson I learned this week was that the word “someday" is a like a thief in the night. It can rob you of the now and it can distract you from God’s will. Do NOT under any circumstances start desiring or procrastinate the "someday".  You will never fully be able to live in the NOW!! God has work for you TODAY!  So stop thinking about the SOMEDAY and GET TO WORK!!

Third lesson I learned was that the Holy Ghost is most often not going to come to you in a loud, abrupt "this is what you need to do manner".  If you are doing the right things, trying to follow God’s commandments and doing your best, He WILL GUIDE YOUR FOOTSTEPS.   Sometimes you might not know why you are doing something, but you just do it.  You might not even feel a prompting or a thought or anything.  You just do something. THAT is God guiding your steps.

Fourth lesson is BECOME LIKE CHRIST! Every minute of EVERY day, try your best to become like Christ. D&C 4: 6 describes Him so well!  Try every day to develop these attributes and I testify your life will change. Mine has SO much!

Fifth and most important lesson to me this week. I had a really cool experience with the MTC 2nd counselor in our Branch Presidency.  At the end of our meeting he looked me in the eye and said, "I know that God loves you. And because I know that God loves you, I love you."   What a profound lesson. WE ALL need to strive to see people like this. God loves all of us, and because of His love, we need to love each other!  This includes all of His children.  Looking at people through this lens this week has changed SO many things for me!! I can’t even begin to tell all of the miracles that have come from this simple lesson.
I love you all!!

Love Sister Webb

This is the view I see first thing every morning when I walk out of our room building.  I feel the Spirit so strong for some reason when I look at this mountain.  The mountains are beautiful!  
Here's the Elders.  Girls WIN!

These are the girls in my zone.  We have a contest with the elders to see who can create the craziest pictures.




These are the new Sisters in our Cantonese District on our Sunday Temple walk.  It was SO windy!

This is one of our teachers, Bro. Seth Anderson.  For some reason all but a few of the girls think he is the cutest thing to walk the face of the earth.  So one of them was reading D&C 107:43 this week which says, "Becaue he (Seth) was a perfect man, and his likeness was the express likeness of his father, insomuch that he seemed to be like unto his father in all things, and could only be distinguished by age."  Hahahaha!  We have laughed and laughed as we introduced him to this scripture!

In class memorizing . . . EVERY DAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment