Sunday, April 2, 2017

Thank you for your prayers!

This week was a really good week!  Every journal entry starts with something like,  "Today was SO good, AGAIN!" And I know the only reason I'm making it is because of all your prayers!  I seriously feel like I deserve none of the credit! I love you all so much!

This week we went to a Light the World art exhibit. It was amazing. We took an investigator named Sarah. I can't even try to describe the love I have for Sarah. I am trying so hard to learn Cantonese so I can communicate with her and her son Nico.  I've only been able to speak to her minimally, but I know it will come!! Suen Sam!! (faith) The art here was INCREDIBLE! I hope you enjoy the pics.

We also ran into a special sister the other day. Her name is Sister Sun. She is a guard for the apartments. About a year ago she was taught the gospel, but because of her job on Sunday, the missionaries had to drop her. She told us she REALLY wants to be baptized! We got permission to teach her and prep her for baptism so she can join the church.  Now we just PRAY, PRAY, AND PRAY some more that her boss will give her Sundays off! (:  She's really sweet though.  We made her banana bread the other day, but couldn't find her anywhere in any of the apartment buildings. So we tried again later that night, and she was out wondering around! She told us she had a feeling to go out and see who was walking around, and THERE WE WERE! (:  God works in mysterious ways!

Also we had the General Women’s Conference!  AHH! What a blessing!

This week I have been struggling to just see my mission one day at a time. Every time I look at  it as “14-more-months”,  I'm a lost soul.  So my question was, how can I focus on the now?  Here’s what God told me:
1) John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." What a joyful message. This is such good advice! My new favorite scripture for the week (:
2) Sister Cordon: ITS NOT ABOUT YOU!
3) Sister McConkie: Serve the Lord to the best of your ability, WILLINGLY!  Your sacrifices will bring you holiness and a peace of mind. This applies to everyone. SERVE willingly, Sacrifice willingly.  You will see so many blessing. I can promise that!
4) Sister Burton: "Hold on. The Lord WILL provide. You need to be willing to sacrifice."   This was so powerful to me. I know that if we hold on with faith and diligence, the Lord WILL provide happiness, comfort, holiness, peace and blessings!
5) Pres. Eyring: Your defense is Unity, Charity, Light and Love and The Holy Ghost. Oh how true!  Also: "From His perspective, you're not that far away." I love this!  This can be interpreted many ways!! To me, this meant the time on my mission is not that long. I really am not that far away. This journey will be beyond worth it.  God will be my constant companion. He's really not that far away.

I love the spirit on a mission! Every time I pray or just talk to God, (often while I can't understand what people are saying), He is there. He is listening and talking back with me. He has laughed with me a lot this week, cried with me, walked with me, and prayed with me. I love this gospel and I love this work and I pray all of you will continue to feel the joy of being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!

Love you all

Love Sister Webb

The Art Festival with our investigator, Sarah


We spent our P-day last week in STANLEY!  We got our American Food Fix!!

Funny note we saw in Stanley


We promised the kids in our English class an "American Treat" this week.  We are teaching words associated with Carnivals, so we thought it would be fun to make cotton candy.  There was a small cotton candy machine BUT Hong Kong is a bit too humid for cotton candy, the machine was cheap and started on fire and we had to throw water on top of it.  We think we ruined it.  With our pathetic cotton candy and English class starting in a few minutes, we ran to the store and bought ice cream for them:)

The Apple Store in Stanley where we emailed from last week

Hilarious signs!  Reminds me of Singapore

Sister Gomez and me. 

Sister Gomez is AMAZING!  She went to Princeton before getting here and she was on the rowing team there!  I really love her!!

My name pronunciation in Canto.  Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment