Sunday, April 9, 2017

He Really Is The Prince of Peace!

Wow! This week flew by!  I felt like we had no time for anything! And so much happens in one week that you feel like you're squeezing a month’s list of “to-do’s” into 7 days! My ward is amazing! They give us so much to do. We are always busy! I LOVE IT!!
                          
I also LOVE the Book of Mormon. There are no words to describe my love for that book. We have an hour of personal study, so we are advised to use the first 15 minutes to study for our investigator’s lessons that day.  The next 45 minutes is to study for ourselves. Every day I look forward to those 45 minutes. I have a little study journal and every day I ask a question, or just say how I'm feeling or what I'm struggling with at that moment.  Then, without fail, God hears my prayers and answers! He guides my studies and my thoughts and gives me just the perfect amount, or more strength and comfort than I need to get me through the day with a smile of hope! I love what our apostles said about looking to the future with an eye of hope. That’s what God gives me every day without fail through the Book of Mormon.

This week one of our investigators, Sara, kept us after church with a member for about 2 ½ hours. She cried almost the whole time, and I couldn’t understand anything. About 40 minutes in, I prayed to maybe just understand a sentence so I at least could know what she was talking about.  After my prayer I waited and still didn’t understand anything.  Suddenly I started crying and pretty hard. My eyes were sore and my throat felt choked. After that cleared, about 40 minutes later, I prayed again to just have a taste of the gift of tongues so I could understand her! Again I just started crying.  I felt a real pain in my heart and didn’t understand why I felt this way and why I was crying.  Then a small, quiet thought came to me, "You may not understand her words, but that doesn’t mean you can’t understand her pain."

I realized God had been allowing me to understand what she was feeling.  I still didn’t know what she was so grieved about until later when my companion was explaining, but I was so grateful for that ability I had to understand her through a small but powerful feeling. God works in such mysterious ways!

I was able to cut in at one point and share my testimony. I explained in my broken Cantonese that I couldn’t understand what she was saying, but I knew that if she put her faith in Christ and trusted Him, He would ease her burdens and make them light. He is given the name, Prince of Peace, for a reason! And I knew with all my heart that if she would lean on Him and continue to come unto Him in faith, she would see the blessings God has waiting for her. For some reason, everyone was crying at this point.  I really still don’t quite understand everything that happened, but I know God was able to fill my mouth and tell her what she needed to hear because I opened it.

I am so grateful to be serving a mission. I have already learned so much about God and my relationship with Him, how to look at other people through the eyes of the Lord (something the apostles encouraged us to do), and how to find joy in the Lord’s work.

If you are considering a mission and don’t know what to do, listen to Elder Bednar’s talk in the priesthood session. WOW!

If you are struggling to find light in the small things, or see light in people or in yourself, listen to Elder Mark A. Bragg’s talk!

 And if you just want a good laugh, go back and listen to Joaquin E. Costa!  He visited the MTC during my stay and has not lost his sense of humor! (:

 A huge focus this week was also on the youth of the Church. Parents and young adults, YOU are the mentors. Don’t let them down.  Let them lead and let them know they have a purpose. The best thing you can do for a struggling youth is to give them something to do that allows them to be the leader.

I love this Gospel. I know with all my heart that Christ lives. He is the Prince of Peace and through Him we can receive nothing but love and peace. He is the perfect example. As we approach Easter Sunday this week, really focus on the life of Christ . . . how he lead the last week of His life, and how he never lost His kindness, compassion and ability to give us peace.

Love you all!

Love Sister Webb

This is a recent convert in our ward.  She came to the General Women's Broadcast and she LOVES the missionaries.  Yes, snapchat it real in HK too!

No comments:

Post a Comment