Monday, September 25, 2017

Quit Worrying About It!

Hi Everyone,

Monday:
This week started with a cute older lady in our ward.  We call her Lam PaPa, and she fed us dinner.   The dinner was fine until dessert came.  The Elders, especially, had to gag it down. haha (: that was entertaining)

Tuesday:
We met again with a referral. He is an amazing man, and the Elders got him to Church. The love and warmth our ward had for him was inspiring. He has been friends with families in the ward for YEARS. He has known some of the people since they were babies. If this man gets baptized, it will be 100% because of the ward and the Spirit!

Wednesday:
Crossroads and SAM! Crossroads was fun.  We cleaned out fridges that were shipped to Africa this week. Then we came home and met Sam at the church for a meeting. This man has had such a crazy life. He is from Nepal and he is full of love for nature and photography. It's been interesting to see his slow progress as we teach him. It’s fun to see the potential in people, but then sad when they can't see it in themselves. I was also quite homesick this specific day and was just reminded over and over all day, to STOP worrying about it. I was worried about me as a companion, my future, our investigators, everything, and the rest the week God just kept reminding me, STOP worrying about it (:

Thursday:
We met up with our investigator Echo, and ended up not having enough time to teach her everything after dinner, so we scheduled her for the next day at 3... She wanted to eat outside, so we set up a little table for her (see pic below)

Friday:
3 o'clock came around and Echo didn't show up, but she called. We got talking and I have never felt the Spirit so strong over the phone. I have so much love for this woman. God has prepared her in so many ways to meet us. She described herself as a caterpillar in a cocoon.  She said she is trying and trying to escape but something is holding her in, and she feels trapped. So far nobody had taken the time to get in that cocoon with her and help her escape. Then she met us, and she expressed her gratitude to us.  She told us we have jumped into that cocoon with her, and that we are taking the time to teach her how to tear herself out. What a perfect way to describe someone who is ready to hear the gospel. This also reminded me again to stop worrying. God will take care of everything if we are doing our job.

Saturday:
We dropped an investigator because he really truly believes we are a cult!  Surprisingly, a lot of people think this.  They will say, " oooo, Mormon.." then we will say "Haih la, leih yauh mouh teng gwo?" (you've hear of us?)  They'll nod their head proudly and say, " cheh gaau", which means cult.  Then we said, " haih la, hou cheh"! (yup, so evil) NOT REALLY, BUT WE WANT TO SAY THAT SO BAD EVERYTIMEJ  We usually will just laugh and explain that we are not a cult and that we teach about Christ and the love that our Father in Heaven has for His children. We tried this over and over with this investigator, but he wouldn't believe us. What do you do? DONT worry about it! (:

Sunday:
Good day as always. We had a movie night with our investigators and some ward members. Our mission leader bought treats for us. (: YUM! We watched Legacy. . . such a good movie and it was interesting to see some investigators have compassion, empathy and appreciation for the early Saints who were thrown out of their homes for being Mormon. I love the pioneers!

Overall it’s been a good week. So much happens every week which makes time just fly! I learned a bold lesson this week. I learned that often the Holy Ghost is more anxious to help us then we are to receive help. Think about that for a minute. I know  for myself -  sometimes I cry and cry for the Holy Ghost to help me, and if I'm anxious enough to get on my knees and plead, then I can't imagine how anxious He must be! So just know He's always there!  If you don't feel Him, do all you can to invite Him and then once you know you’re doing your best, stop worrying about it, and He'll take care of you.   I’ve learned I can’t do anything without Him or Heavenly Father or Jesus Christ. SO don't forget them!

I also learned that my release date is June 29th!  I can’t believe I only have about 9 months left!

Love you all!!

Sister Webb

An outdoor dinner with Echo:)

Breakfast on P-Day with a less active member and the other sister missionaries

1 comment:

  1. You’re doing great Amanda! I love reading your blog every week. Love Gpa David

    ReplyDelete