Friday, September 8, 2017

A Mile

In our mission we rise at 7am and go to bed at 11pm. But in our apartment we rise at 6:30 every morning except Pday and Sundays.  When I first came on my mission I would rise at 6:45 or 6:50 to exercise, but as time went on we started setting alarms for 6:25 to pray and 6:30 to rise because we didn’t have enough exercise time. So we get up and in about 10 minutes are out the door and running to the track to exercise for the next 45 to 50 minutes. We usually will run a mile and then do some other stuff after. But today I want to focus on my mile. In reality a mile is not that far and doesn’t take that long to run. But when you start that mile, finish the first lap and think to yourself, “oh. my. gosh. I still have THREE more of those to do!”, that’s when the mile starts to feel like forever and like you think maybe you can’t do it.  Then you tell yourself, “okay after the 2nd lap I'll take a break”.  Then you get to the end of the second lap and something keeps you going. This reminds me of my mission. I have about 9 months left of the mission, and just like my mile at the half way point, something happens to you!  You realize you have just enough energy to do it all one more time. Then my favorite lap. . . the third lap. This lap you kind of feel the same way you did when you started the second lap, but it’s different. You know you have made it this far so you have to keep going. I can only imagine that when I reach that point in my mission, that is exactly how I'll feel.  You've made it this far Amanda!  Now this is where you push, you run, you prepare yourself for that last lap, for that last sprint!”  And just like Elder Holland says with tears in his eyes, "Don’t you give up, you keep walking (in my case running), you keep trying, there is help and happiness ahead, a lot of it!" Then you get to the last sprint of the last lap and you can feel the energy in every step. There is nothing holding you back now, you want to finish strong, you want to put in your all, you made it this far, why would you hold back!?

Anyway, so that’s been on my mind a lot this week. A mission is a lot like a mile. Sometime even life can be like a mile. You have school, work, and even just some weeks or days you want to end. But don’t forget Elder Holland’s last words, " . . . There is help and happiness ahead, a lot of it!" I believe this with all my heart! I feel so blessed to be on a mission right now for a lot of reasons. (One being I don’t have to be in school J) I love my mission.  Every day brings its own new struggles and its own new battle, but if you approach it with an eager mindset to fight and win, then nothing can hold you back!

Love you all!

Love Sister Webb

Some friends from English Class took us out for a fun lunch!

This is the King Family in our ward.  They invite us over every Fast Sunday!  We love them!!



No comments:

Post a Comment