Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Typhoons & Miracles

Hey! What a crazy but not so crazy week. We had two typhoons, one level 10 on Wednesday and one level 8 on Sunday!  It was insane! We stayed inside so much this week…what a blast. But we got to update tons of records, eat a lot of junk food, and call hundreds of people!! So we found a way to make use of the many hours inside this week.

So this week some pretty funny and pretty cool things happened.
On Wednesday when we were stuck inside, I went to call a former investigator named Yoyo. Somehow I accidentally called this woman named Echo (still don't know how that happened). We got talking and I found out it wasn't Yoyo.  I asked who she was and if she remembered missionaries, and she did!  We told her that God prompted us to call her and that we wanted to meet her.  She paused and then she tells us her short life story and ended by saying, “You’re an answer to my prayers aren't you?”  At that moment the spirit just hit me so strong! I wonder if she felt it too. But it was a miracle how we got a hold of this lady, and I am so excited to start teaching her!

Then on Friday night (: SO we had a lesson this night with Sara, an investigator. And we had been trying to get a member all week to help us teach her.  Finally Friday morning rolled around and I had just given up. So we planned for the day and we set a goal to get one lesson with a member present. I had no Idea how it would happen, but we just started praying, and we prayed that God would provide. That night at English class we still hadn't found anything.  Then the last 10 minutes of English class a member walked in. We never have members at English class! When we were finished, I walked up to her and before I could say anything she said, “How can I help you tonight Sister Webb?" AWWW! I love miracles!

Now some funny things. . . so the people of Hong Kong are really worried about zits, and my companion has a few.  They don't bother her so she doesn't do anything about it, and this just scares our investigator, Sara, so bad!  Sara decided to find a remedy.. dun dun dun.. so we started our lesson the other night and Sara butts in and says, “I have something to help your face!  It’s a wonderful Chinese medicine!!”  She pulls it out, shoves it down my comps throat, then mashes some up and rubs it all over her face! At first I was in total shock and a little frustrated with Sara, but then I just couldn’t be mad anymore and started laughing so hard! I have some pictures.  It was so funny!! Aawww . . . Chinese people (:

Anyway, it’s been a good week. Miracles really happen every day, so keep your eyes open! Love you!

Love Sister Webb




This is cha siu faahn, its bbq pork and rice and its a missionary's favorite meal in HK

Too much time in the apartment during the typhoons!


A really nice member took us all out to dinner

My new companion!

Sara's attempt to rid my comp of acne during our lesson:)

These are RIBS!  First time we've had them here!




No comments:

Post a Comment