Sunday, August 20, 2017

Prayers That Go Unspoken

My unspoken prayer this week was answered. God put LIFE cereal in a store here called Prize Mart, and I just about knocked over my companion giving her a hug. . .poor thing... But sometimes you can’t control yourself when God has provided LIFE!  You just want to scream and jump all over the place. SO that made my Life this week (;

anyway... This week has been very fast. I feel like I just had Pday. I actually wrote in my journal last night that I wish I could just skip Pday and keep going!  First, because we have only one investigator and I keep getting the feeling she’s not ready.  Second, there are people out there, and I’m struggling to find them!  And third, sometimes Pday can be so distracting!

But this week I learned a lot!!
So Monday was the day that I found my LIFE.

Then on Tuesday we had a zone meeting and a district meeting.  Something hit me during the zone meeting and I just started crying. I tried so hard to stop.  I prayed and prayed and prayed to stop crying, but it didn’t work so I went into panic mode!  I started reciting the Articles of Faith in my head. I think I went through the whole thing at least 10 times that afternoon!  BUT IT WORKED!  It kept my mind off of what was making me cry. I later decided I had just bottled too much up, and I couldn't hold it back any more . . . so I just broke down and let everything come and felt so much better!  It happens…

Then on Wednesday we met at Crossroads to do our service.  One of the workers told me I need to try harder with my appearance…sometimes missionaries just forget so much about themselves they forget that they to need to look presentable! (That’s the excuse I came up with...) really I'm just too lazy to pluck my eyebrows or put on mascara or do my hair. Guess I should work on that.

Then later that night we met Sam from Nepal, the man I mentioned last week.  He is a great man and it’s obvious he has a burning desire to know which church is true, but it must not be a strong enough desire because he's not doing anything about it. But it was a really good lesson . . . weird giving it in English . . . but It was good (:

Thursday I got my new companion, Sister Peck. She is adorable and she’s from Logan, Utah.  She is also an unspoken prayer answered. She is so loving and so easy to talk to. I'm super excited to spend at least the next 9 weeks with her, maybe more (:

Then on Friday we taught our Investigator Sara, and turned her son, Nico over to the Elders. We gave them a baptismal date for October 15th.  They seemed really excited. I'm excited to see if they actually keep this one!  This is there 3rd baptismal date we've set this year!!  They can do it though!!  This is going to be it!! Also as we were talking I noticed a huge change in how much I understand in Cantonese! It’s crazy and really exciting!! However my vocabulary outside of gospel stuff is quite weak!  I'll get there though!  Gospel vocab first, then onto other things (:

Then we had a super fun ward activity Saturday night . . . a HUGE ward water fight!! I'll get pictures soon but it was a blast and we were DRENCHED!!  Man, I haven’t had a water fight in a LONG time!! (:

Sunday was just full of miracles. We had so many members offer to have us over for dinner.  We've been praying for God to help us find ways to get closer to the people in the ward, and He heard our prayers! I’m super excited to meet with all these amazing families. I have just fallen in love with this Butterfly area!

I learned this week how much a mission is a reflection of our love towards our Heaven Father, and His Son.  I just hope I'm doing all I can! This last Tuesday as I cried and cried, I pleaded for Him to help me remember why I came out.  I opened up to a talk that said, 'hold on, keep trying. God loves you. Things will improve. Christ comes to you in His 'more excellent ministry', with a 'future of better promises'.  I know this is true. I also was reminded that the oil in our lamps is earned drop by drop. God really is there!  He answers our prayers and he is filling our lamps! He really has 'better promises for the future.' So just hold on!

Love you all!! Good luck with school starting (;

Love Sister Webb

Not sure on the story with this . . . more to come!

Last day with Sister Flynn in our lovely apartment!

We celebrated our last night together with our favorite CINNAMON CHICKEN!  It's amazing!!


My new companion, Sister Peck, from Logan Utah!

New companion initiation . . . Tim Tam Slammin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment