Monday, August 7, 2017

Facing Trouble With Courage

I feel very weak right now on my mission.  I have not been able to open my mouth like God commands his missionaries to do. I felt that I am lacking courage! I fear man more than God, and I need to change. So my goal this week is to 'FEAR NO MAN.'   And when I feel that fear, I need to face it with courage! (A lot easier said than done...) but God promises, “And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.” This week I hope to find out that this promise is true! haha (:

Anyway this week was pretty good:

Monday:  we went on a hike with an investigator and the other Sisters.  Then an investigator brought us food to the church that night that could have fed an ARMY. We called more missionaries half way through and invited them to come help us finish it haha (:

Tuesday:   just a normal day.  We had district meeting and got me meet all the new missionaries that just came into our area.  Then we made some brownies and took them to member’s houses that we love and appreciate.  They told us they prefer their desserts crunchy though...

Wednesday:   we got stood up by potential investigators....so that was sad, but we got to go to Crossroads that day and do service! LOVE CROSSROADS!

Thursday: met with a less active member in the morning. Super nice guy, but you can tell his priorities are not in the right place. We also met another man while we were English class finding, He's Buddhist but not a practicing Buddhist.   He talked and talked and talked about how much he loved his family and respected God, so we invited him to meet with us so he can learn more.  He said no, and the conversation went on, but we finally just realized he didn’t have much interest.   So I gave him our number and said his eternal salvation was on the line, and if he was interested in living with God for the rest of eternity, he could give us a call!  We shook hands and walked away.

Friday: English class!! We taught this one, and since my companion is from England, we decided to do an English night.  So fun (:

Saturday:   weekly planning, English class and Book of Mormon class.   Oh!  And we woke up and 6 to go on a hike with our former investigator Shelly.  She's a cutie, could've walked all day if we let her! It was the Longest hike of my life haha (:

Sunday:   I can't put into words my gratitude for fast Sundays and the humility and peace they bring me. I and Sister Flynn started our fast Saturday afternoon, and we fasted with our Elders in behalf of our area.  We are all struggling really bad right now. I think overall the fast just brought us all a desire to be bolder in our approaches, and have a brighter hope towards our finding efforts. Funny how we fasted for this and the same day got a call from our main investigator saying that she had prayed to God and He said she needed to temporarily take a break from coming to church, and she couldn't meet with us anymore. God is definitely preparing us for someone. We just gotta find them!

It’s been a humbling week for me, not much noticeable success, but I’m starting to see a difference in myself, and I think that’s the first step to it all.

Love you all!

Love Sister Webb

Our Beautiful Hard hike with our investigator


Coming home feeling like we earned a Tim-Tam Slam!

We were introduced to the Tim Tam Slam in Singapore by Lisel Stevens.  You get a cup of hot chocolate, bite off a corner of a Tim Tam, and such the hot chocoalte through the cookie until it's all melty!  Then eat the cookie.  It makes all of us really HAPPY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment