Sunday, November 19, 2017

An Eternal Perspective

THANK YOU so much for all of the Birthday wishes!  I had a great birthday and felt loved and remembered!

Wow was I enlightened this week. I have started to dive into the New Testament and I once again realize I have so much to learn and I am really excited about this!  I’m grateful I still have 8 months to study an hour a day without interruption.  I’m definitely taking advantage of this!  As I’ve been reading this week, I’ve realized how important it is to have an eternal perspective. I went on exchanges with a Sister this week, who (in my opinion) gets it. She understands, obviously not perfectly, but she understands God’s plan and is constantly asking herself, "Where do I want to be in the eternities?  Where do I want to be in 50 years, 10 years, today?  What can I do today to help get there?" She is a great example to me of what it looks like to have an eternal perspective. I had so much fun learning from her this week.

I also had an "AHA" moment as I read Helaman 12:7-8 this week.  He tells us that when men disobey God they are lower than the dust of the earth, because the dust of the earth obeys God’s command.  I felt a desire to be more humble and was reminded how important it is to be obedient.

A few weeks ago a member called us up and they said they had a friend who was interested in learning about the church.   We started meeting with her and she started coming to church.  This week we extended a baptismal invitation to her for December 23rd. She was the cutest thing ever. We extended it and asked her to prepare herself to be baptized on that date and she kind of nods her head, and then says, “Let me check my calendar real quick!"  She checks her calendar, says she's free, and then she was quiet for a moment and said, "This stuff is so true!" It was a really good lesson haha (: I haven't had one of those in a long time. But I am BEYOND grateful to have a part in her conversion. She has been prepared for the past 3 years by this member, who has been patient and so loving with her. This is that incomprehensible joy they talk about in the Book of Mormon.  Keep trying to find people out there members! This is your JOB!

Love you!!


Love, Sister Webb

Thanks Jessica for sending me Mac n' Cheese for my birthday!  It was the BEST

It turns out one of my missionary friends knows Melissa Bradford, a YW leader I had and LOVED in Singapore! I just had to do a Shout-Out to you Sister Bradford!  We love you!

Sister Groberg cutting all of our hair!!

Christmas has arriveed in HK!

This was an interesting combination . . . Christmas, Moulin Rouge, and a glass grand piano???

No comments:

Post a Comment