Sunday, November 5, 2017

Do You Truly BELIEVE?

This week has just been so busy!

We had an 8 hour devotional with Elder Evans this past Wednesday.  It was everything I needed and more. He talked about so many things, but the underlying point was "ASK FOR REFERRALS 100%" and that is our action plan for the rest of the year. It’s going to be INSANE! He has promised us so many things if we just ask EVERYONE for referrals.

So we did our weekly planning and made a plan to ask everyone we were meeting with for referrals . . . we weren’t expecting what happened next . . . we lost all of our investigators. We don’t even have one! NADA! I like to think of it as a clean slate . . . or plate.  Imagine you just did all this work to make food for someone, filled their plate, and then they throw it in the trash and say try again! Ouch. That hurts, but that’s where we are. So in an effort to be optimistic, we have a fresh start, a clean slate. I shed a few tears, mostly for these people I care about and wanted to badly to share the message of the Gospel with, but then I told myself to keep moving forward with faith and hope.  I don’t believe God sent me to Hong Kong to mourn over those people who aren’t ready yet.   So I stopped crying and went to a Relief Society activity. And they fed me cinnamon rolls!  It was amazing.  Yes I have the best ward ever.

So Elder Evans is an amazing man for those of you who don’t know him. He is in the Quorum of the Seventy and a member of the Asia Area Presidency.  As he talked I became very aware of ways I can improve.  He also motivated all of us and we felt so much love.  Boy is that man full of love for us, and for the Lord. This devotional will probably change me for the rest of my mission.  The enthusiasm I feel towards the next 8 months is indescribable. He has set a straight and narrow path for us on how we need to start changing and what we need to do to accomplish the goals we are setting. He also has promised if we do the one main thing he has asked us to do, our generation of missionaries will 'change the face of the China Hong Kong mission'.   If a general authority tells you that, you're going to want to listen right?  YA!

So he started off the second half of the devotional by saying, “I can feel some really discouraged hearts towards the HK missionary work in this room." Then he proceeded to the next half of his devotional and asked, "Do you BELIEVE?" Do we believe that we can find, teach and baptize converts in Hong Kong? Do we believe that there are people that God has prepared for us? . . . and so on. Overall I learned that I believe all this, but there is a BUT. You can’t fully trust God with a BUT after your testimony.   It just will NOT work! So I have a few things I need to change if I want to start seeing more miracles. I know God has people prepared. I just need to believe that!

I’m rambling a bit, so I’ll wrap it up.  I would challenge all of you by asking if you truly “BELIEVE” that God can do miracles??  Some examples of where that doubt enters are:
  • ·        " I know going to Church is a commandment and will strengthen my testimony and relationship with God, but..." or
  • ·        " I know the Book of Mormon is true and if I read it every day I will be more prepared to accomplish the Lord’s will and withstand the adversary, but..." or
  • ·        “I love my parents and I know that when we obey them and love and respect them, God will be in the center of our home and we will have much more love and peace surrounding us, but..."

I think if we can eliminate the doubt or the “BUT” in our faith, we will see greater miracles. 

Love you all!

Love, Sister Webb

A birthday celebration for my comp, Sister Peck . . . 

Combined with a humble attempt to acknowledge Halloween:)

Yes, we made a cake for each of us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment