Sunday, October 29, 2017

Our Missionary Commission

How to describe this week . . . it was kind of a blur, but this week above everything I really am grateful to be a missionary. I was tested in just about every aspect of my life this week. . . physically, emotionally, spiritually and psychologically.  Even though I thought I had grown into quite a nice current bush over the last 10 months, God decided He had to “prune” me way back again and help me grow just a little more straight. I actually appreciate His pruning in some ways, but I just wish I would have realized sooner that I was growing back a little crooked. I'm glad he caught me when he cut me down though.  I still cried a little because it hurt, but He was there the whole time.

I was reminded this week of the Missionary’s Commission. It a pretty bold commission, but also very humbling. God puts so much trust in his missionaries.

My Missionary Commission
I am called of God.
My authority is above that of kings of the earth.
By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ.
He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him–to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me.
My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts.
My doctrine is His doctrine.
My Commission is to do what He wants done, to say what He wants said, to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
How great is my calling!
-Elder Bruce R. McConkie

So anyway, I don’t have much to report this week.  We had a hard time meeting with people. They are all very busy and unavailable or they say they just don’t have a lot of interest. But we are trying, so I know that God will help us find someone. Preach my gospel and my mission call letter promises that! So just keep up the faith and don’t try to mold yourself.  Let God mold you.  It’s not worth it to be cut down over and over. But He will cut you down if he has to. My recommendation though is to just try to grow back straight (;

Last thought:  Elder Bednar reminds us, "We properly pray for the safety and success of the full-time missionaries throughout the world. And a common element in many of our prayers is a request that the missionaries will be led to individuals and families who are prepared to receive the message of the Restoration. But ultimately it is my responsibility and your responsibility to find people for the missionaries to teach. Missionaries are full-time teachers; you and I are full-time finders. And you and I as lifelong missionaries should not be praying for the full-time missionaries to do our work!"
Don’t forget your job as members... it’s pretty important to us missionaries.. (: ya.. love you all!


Love Sister Webb

Making cinnamon rolls with Elder and Sister Roskelley


This is an apartment complex that we tract in

I got to play tennis with some less active members in our ward!


A beautiful evening tracting in HK

P-day at a Robot Museum with my BFF, Sister Groberg

Sister Tse in our ward Relief Society Presidency.  She is AMAZING and we love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment