Sunday, October 15, 2017

Yes! She's Trying Again!

This week was really good. I really just love being a missionary. It’s such a nice break away from the world (once you get focused.) Overall, this week was pretty fast.

With that said, it's been a week of growth as well!  I serve in the Buttefly Zone along with my companion and 2 Elders.  I have been in Butterfly since I landed in HK and as we've been reflecting, we've been pretty disappointed with the progress that we have made these past 9 months. I have been getting emails from all my friends out on missions, and many of them are experiencing a lot of baptisms.  We also set goals and make plans to improve, but we rarely reach our goals. It’s been really draining to watch this happen for the past 9 months.

Now everything I just said is what you would see if you only looked on the surface of our efforts here in Butterfly.  Underneath the lack of reaching goals and succeeding in numbers, the growth within us is just phenomenal. As we have watched each other grow and put our best foot forward, our testimonies have strengthened and our trust in each other and the Lord has strengthened.
Ammon says it perfectly in Alma 26:31, "31 Now behold, we can look forth and see the fruits of our labors; and are they few? I say unto you, Nay, they are many; yea, and we can witness of their sincerity, because of their love towards their brethren and also towards us."
I would say this describes it perfectly. A little back ground to this story . . . In Alma 26, Ammon and his brethren were trying to preach to the Lamanites, and they just wouldn't have it.   These brothers were about to turn back and give up.  They had put their best foot forward and were not seeing any progress. They knew God was with them, but they just thought the people would never listen and be converted. When they were about to give up and turn back, the Lord says to them, "Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success." So they did and this is where I am. I feel like I finally have decided to turn back and try once again!  Yesterday that was confirmed to me in a talk I heard.  The speaker said, "and God rejoiced, saying ‘Yes! She's tying again!’" God will not tell us to just give up, even if we have tried over and over again.  He WILL ALWAYS rejoice when he sees us trying!  He is asking me this time though, to just rely on Him a little more.

Overall I know the blessing will come, and they are coming.  Some I haven't noticed yet, but as Ammon says, in Alma 26:12, “ Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." Don't forget that God is always on our side.

So we were supposed to have Sara get baptized this last Sunday, but there was a typhoon, so her baptism was moved to next week.  We were stuck inside from 7am (when we woke up) to 7:30 pm when we got the text saying the typhoon signal was done, and we could go out and get some fresh air! What a LONG DAY!  It was calls, records, records, weekly planning AGAIN, lots of cleaning, eating everything in the house, and then more records and more records! What a day! We also taught English class this week and we had a mystery night and they had to find where in the church the cookies were hidden. It was a BLAST (:

Love you all

Love Sister Webb

A delish Italian lunch after the temple

McDonalds HK now has a Tabasco Burger that's AMAZING and yes . . . Seaweed Flavor for the fries!  

Singapore Friends, Remember when they did this in Singapore??  Love it!!

Pday with the Sister . . . heading on a boat to Chueng Jay Island to explore and bike

Typhoon day . . . stuck in our flat ALL DAY trying to make good use of our time!!

More pics of Chueng Jay Island



The Mystery Night at the church for our English students . . . SO FUN!



No comments:

Post a Comment