Monday, February 26, 2018

I'm Moving!

11 months in and I’m finally moving!! My feelings are all over the place, but overall I am excited! I’m excited to get going with a new ward and do better than I did here in Butterfly. BUT Butterfly will always be home to me!

This week has been crazy! I learned so many lessons!  I wish I could tell the people of HK that "if you don't have time to read the scriptures and pray, then you are busier than God ever intended you to be"!  The members have been hanging this up all over the church buildings in every area.  I love it so much and it makes me laugh. So friends and family . . .  from the people of Hong Kong: "If you don't have the time to read the scriptures or pray, then you are WAY busier than God ever intended you to be!"

This week we had transfer calls and we did a big zone conference call.  There were 27 of us were on the phone at one time! It was so exciting to see where everyone was going!
Then the missionaries in my area had a zone conference.  It was also really good, but I was sick again that day, so I was in and out.  I love being with everyone! Then yesterday was my last day in the Butterfly Ward. That was sad. SO MANY PICTURES!  BUT they are all really excited to see me again in June when my parents come, so it wasn't good bye yet haha (: Then the Relief Society president and her husband invited ALL the missionaries in our district (eight of us) over to teach us how to make Chinese New Year desserts. I wish some of the missionaries there would have been more mature and taken these good members seriously.  The members were so sincere but some of our Elders would not stop making fun of him in English, the poor man doesn't even know English. We need to always be aware of the people around us. It reminded me to be careful not to come off ungrateful to people. It’s not a good feeling to be around or to cause.

This week I read a talk called "Beware Of Pride" by Pres. Ezra Taft Benson.  WOW!  Profound words in that talk!  I feel like pride is like the common cold . . . everyone will Catch it. So as I was reading this talk I saw pride as this creature, this creature being the natural man.  As natural men and women we seem to catch this a lot!  Sometime we are prideful enough to see it in others and not in ourselves, or to take offense, or to be prideful looking down on people, or prideful looking from the bottom up.  There are so many forms of pride and it seems to me we have a DAILY battle with this creature!  We need to keep our shield of humility, love, faith, and patience up at all times, because Pride is trying to attack us 24/7. The second you let down even the shield of patience, the creature enters your being and you have to fight even harder to get rid of him!  Had you just kept your shield up, you may have defeated him for that day! So if you haven't read the talk "Beware of Pride", I would encourage you all to read it. It is something we ALL need to hear.

I have one last story. . . I was talking to this man on the train.. well trying to talk to this man on the train.  He gave me one look and said, “I have another religion and I don't want to hear anything you have to say.”   So with all the people around us listening to the conversation a WAVE of embarrassment flooded me, but I turned and tried again, explaining that I wasn’t going to try to talk to him about the church, I just want to talk with him as a person.   Then he repeated even louder that he had no interest and that he didn't want to talk to me.   So now full of embarrassment and a little bit of frustration, I asked him if he knew any English?  He takes his glasses of and he says, "Yes, now will you please leave me alone!" I turned and started talking to the person next to him and had quick but nice conversation, said bye to the both of them and got off the train. It blows me away the hardened hearts of the people in these last days. It’s hard to see people’s hearts so closed and full of pride . . .

Stay strong!!  Love you all!


Love, Sister Webb

Some of my favorite members in Butterfly!!

Saying GOODBYE's at Church








No comments:

Post a Comment