Monday, February 26, 2018

A Little Harder Than I Expected . . .

This week was not what I thought. I did have a little fear in me moving to a new area, but I did not realize the emotional toll, both physically and spiritually, it would take on me. Kowloon city (KLC) and Tsim Sha Tsui (TST) are great areas, but moving here was not what I was expecting.  It was full of tears and a bit of heartache. I was talking to this Elder in my new district while my companion was doing reports and we were talking about how coming on a mission was nothing like we thought it would be, and how when we move we feel like we are back at square one. We have both been asked by other people, “Well, what did you think it would be like?” Neither of us have a response. I don’t know what I thought a mission would be like, but I do know now that you cannot FULLY prepare yourself physically, mentally, emotionally or spiritually. In the end though, I came down to the conclusion that there will always be hard days, weeks or months.  As Elder Stanley G. Ellis said, "The constant is the hard, the variable is your reaction to the hard." And so this week I really have needed to focus on my reaction. I have felt very inadequate and full of fear.  I realize those are not feelings of the Spirit and found myself quite miserable.  I needed to change my reaction!

So now I'm over in TST and there is no going back, even though I wished at one point or another that I could phone President and tell him to rethink this transferJ  But I know it wasn’t him who sent me here. It was God and He has His reasons.

So now onto being positive! So the KLC ward had a big hot pot dinner and it was a blast. The ward was so welcoming and so funny. I loved getting to know them and they seemed very excited to have me. . . that was a tender mercy.  The Cantonese in this area impresses me.  It’s different from the way they speak in Teun Mun and it seems easier for me to understand, so that’s a blessing!!
I felt so grateful to sit in Sacrament Meeting this week and partake of the sacrament. I needed a renewal of energy and hope and that’s exactly what it did for me!  It was even meaningful to attend our two wards and have DOUBLE the chance to reflect on my Savior and His Atonement.

Our two main investigators over here are the sweetest things.  Tracy is 17 and Leo is 19.  They are really sweet and have a strong desire to change their lives.  We're excited to see what God has in store for them, and I'm excited to get to know them better!

This week I really liked the scripture Jacob 4: 6-8. God shows us our weaknesses that we may know by His grace and His great condescension unto the children of men that we will have power to do ALL things.  We really are in His hands, and when we struggle and feel inadequate, turn to Him and thank Him for the grace and mercy He has to shown unto you, even in your weaknesses, so you can change them to become more like him!


I love you all! Hope you have a good week!!

Love, Sister Webb

Saying goodbye to Sis. Perez and hello To Sis. Chan

Hot Pots!



No comments:

Post a Comment