Monday, March 12, 2018

kap hei fu hei.. kap hei fu hei..


This week was a bit more smooth transitioning into the new area. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be.  Whatever the reason I have had a hard time being excited for the next day haha. Happens sometimes.. (:

This week has been quite interesting though. My companion is a dance major and started a dance class as part of a missionary outreach effort.  For those of you who know me, I really don’t dance very well . . . occasional spastic movements and usually nothing very coordinated!  While she has been preparing for this class, I’ve been able to study conference talks!

When I read these talks I feel like the world just stops for a minute.. that is my breath in breath out moment of every day  (kap hei fu hei.. kap hei fu hei... is how we say it in Cantonese). I have literally fallen in love with General Conference talks! I remember when I was in high school my mom loved to listen to general conference talks almost daily!  I was more the Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, One Direction kinda girl.  I remember she always had these talks going and I would get so annoyed that she wouldn’t just turn on some music or something!  You know that song from Tangled, "Mother Knows Best"?  In Cantonese we say it like this:  TIU KAP JANSAHT GE WOH!!! SO TRUE!! My mom always had it right!  She always had her heart in the right place. wise wise wise. Haha!  As I was reading General Confine talks this week, I felt like I was turning into her! haha (: love ya mom (:

So we taught a really good lesson this week to one of our investigators, Tracy. I am amazed at the desire this girl has to change. She is only 17 and she knows that she needs to change. I think the fact that this gospel is actually true hasn’t quite seeped into every part of her yet, but she is sensing the goodness of it.  That’s a step in the right direction, so now we just have to narrow the gate a little for her.

Hope you all have a great week!  Remember to listen to the amazing talks from General Conference, think specifically how they apply to you, and then act on what you hear!!

Love you all!

Love, Sister Webb
Yummy lunch date with our investigator, Tracy!



Loved meeting with Tracy . . . 

Sis. Chan is quite the baker!

Here we are with the Kowloon City Elders

Dance Class

Another investigator, Leo

I dropped the remote to our A/C out the window accidentally, and somehow IT SURVIVED!!  MIRACLES!








No comments:

Post a Comment