Sunday, June 10, 2018

More Miracles!


What a week. la.

Biggest miracle: NINA!   So we received a text half way through the week from the office elders.  They had run into this woman on the street and exchanged numbers really quickly with her.  She then went on vacation for the next 2 months, so no one could et in contact with her. When she came back to HK she texted the Elders and they gave her our number and told her to text us.  She texted us this week and we met with her and WOW!!  We were with her for two hours and she was just Phenomenal and Prepared as prepared can be!  She needed the gospel more than anything!  She is AMAZING!   She has a Buddhist husband who she worries will reject the church.  He parent and her in-laws keep telling her that we are a cult. But her testimony is too strong to be swayed by them! It’s unbelievable how much opposition she has had in the one week she had met with us, BUT she still came to church.  She cried and bore testimony of how amazing the feeling was at church and how grateful she was to be there.  I feel so much gratitude and I’m so happy to get to teach her!!

We are trying to work really hard and stay focused. God has to remind my daily, if not hourly of my purpose. I never realized how hard the end of a mission could be. If anyone has tips for focusing, send them my way. I'll only have one week left if you send them to me next week! So fill me up with ideas on what you did to stay focused!

I finally gave my first talk in Church on Sunday.  It was so fun! I really just love teaching big groups haha (: I actually had a dream last night that I was asked to speak at a primary school and teach them about the Book of Mormon. Cool dream!  I taught the WHOLE SCHOOL and committed all the children to read the Book of Mormon! If only that was reality... maybe... give me a week…I'll see what I can do!

Anyway, I just want to testify of the reality of  this work. Elder Holland describes it perfectly when he talks about the atonement and missionary work.

"Why is this so hard? Why doesn’t it go better? Why can’t our success be more rapid? Why aren’t there more people joining the Church? It is the truth. We believe in angels. We trust in miracles. Why don’t people just flock to the font? Why isn’t the only risk in missionary work that of pneumonia from being soaking wet all day and all night in the baptismal font?

You will have occasion to ask those questions. I have thought about this a great deal. I offer this as my personal feeling. I am convinced that missionary work is not easy because salvation is not a cheap experience. Salvation never was easy. We are The Church of Jesus Christ, this is the truth, and He is our Great Eternal Head. How could we believe it would be easy for us when it was never, ever easy for Him? It seems to me that missionaries and mission leaders have to spend at least a few moments in Gethsemane. Missionaries and mission leaders have to take at least a step or two toward the summit of Calvary.

Now, please don’t misunderstand. I’m not talking about anything anywhere near what Christ experienced. That would be presumptuous and sacrilegious. But I believe that missionaries and investigators, to come to the truth, to come to salvation, to know something of this price that has been paid, will have to pay a token of that same price.

For that reason I don’t believe missionary work has ever been easy, nor that conversion is, nor that retention is, nor that continued faithfulness is. I believe it is supposed to require some effort, something from the depths of our soul.

If He could come forward in the night, kneel down, fall on His face, bleed from every pore, and cry, “Abba, Father (Papa), if this cup can pass, let it pass,” then little wonder that salvation is not a whimsical or easy thing for us. If you wonder if there isn’t an easier way, you should remember you are not the first one to ask that. Someone a lot greater and a lot grander asked a long time ago if there wasn’t an easier way."

 I believe all of us will have to pay a token, just a token of what Christ went through. So pay it with optimism and hope for the future. It wasn't an easy task for Christ, SO it may not be easy for us
Also I heard a missionary say this week, " Keep workin hard, smart and havin fun!”  So take a step back, look at your life, work hard, and be smart.  I know God did not mean for us to trudge through life miserable, so find a way to have fun, (be obedient la...) it’s that easy.  .  . just be obedient!

Love you all! See you in 3 weeks!!  (actually 4 since my Mom & Dad are coming to visit for a week!!)  So fast la!!!

Love,  Sister Webb

BEAUTIFUL hike up to Castle Peak!








No comments:

Post a Comment