Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Soildiers In His Kingdom


I thought a lot about my Dad this last week (: If you don't know what it means to be a soldier in God’s Kingdom, take a look at my Dad for a day or two and you will get an idea.

This week we had an incredible zone conference that helped me see a lot of things in a new light. We talked a lot about obedience. Obedience is so important!  It’s the first law of heaven!
"Christ learned obedience through the things he suffered." (Hebrews 5:8)

"Blessed are they whose feet stand upon the Land of Zion, who have obeyed my gospel; for they shall receive for their reward the good things of the earth, and it shall bring for the in its strength" D&C59:3-4.

The first things we covenant to do when we enter the temple is to be obedient to God. Do you think it’s important to him? YES!!!!  I think a simple definition of obedience could be ACTING on what you know if right.  Acting IS obedience.  Did you know not acting on a prompting from the Spirit is disobedience to God’s commands?  God wants to bless us but sometimes the only thing holding us back is ourselves. I think about soldiers and how obedient they are to their Commander.  God refers to us as soldiers!  Will we LIVE up to it?

This week was good.  My comp already wrote out all the updates on investigators, so my mom will just post that with this.

Hei: Sister Webb and I also met with Hei this week. We are worried his intentions aren't right so we might need to turn him over to the elders. He really opened up last lesson about how he really isn't very happy in his life. He has a fantastic job, but he just seems super lonely with a Lot of time on his hands. We taught him about the Plan of Salvation and invited him to do a 7 day experiment of prayer and scripture study.

Kelvin: No progress this week

Nina: Stay in contact with her all week, but couldn't meet or come to church because of father’s day. We are planning on meeting with her this week.

Kenny and Ayan: THEY FINALLY CAME TO CHURCH AGAIN!!!!! Yay! They have both been so busy with school, so we haven't seen them since that last week of May, and Ayan, even longer than that! By the way- I think it is really cute in Chinese culture- Ayan's name is actually Yan- but the A in front is just an endearing term that they sometimes add to their names :)

I got to go on exchanges with my first baby, Sister Perez this week! SUCH A BLAST!  She is amazing. I have been SO blessed with companions! They have taught me so much and I’ve come to love them as a true sister!

We also have Whatsapp now. I have a love hate relationship with it. I can be very useful and also VERY distracting. So I decided this week it’s ALL Sister Sam’s, I won't touch it! I got so sick of it last night I turned off the data and took Sister Sam to a park to have comp inventory. So ya.. not excited for a phone. I can’t believe I’m done next week. So fast!  Excited to see you all! Love you!!
Love, Sister Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment