Monday, January 30, 2017

Just Reach Up

This has been a pretty cool week. On Tuesday we had a worldwide missionary devotional and they made some changes to the missionary schedule. I'm sure most of you have already heard of this by now. Anyway, they are allowing us to retire to bed at 9:30pm, as well as arrange our days with our own agency, as long as we get everything done that we are asked to get done. This was astounding to me! God loves his missionaries so much! He has put so much trust in us! I'm grateful for his love and constant care over all of us!

In choir this week we are singing Where Can I Turn For Peace. Refresh yourself on the words of this song. We were told to look at it as an investigator for the first part and as a missionary for the second part.

Investigator: "Where can I turn for peace? Where is my Solace? When other sources cease to make me whole. When with a wounded heart, anger or malice. I draw myself apart searching my soul. Where when my aching grows, where when I languish, where in my need to know, where can I run? Where is the quiet hand, to calm my anguish. Who, Who can understand?

Missionary: He only one.
He answers privately, reaches my reaching.  In my Gethsemane, Savior and friend. Gentle the peace He finds for my beseeching, constant He is and kind. Love without end.

This is just such a touching song to me. I think of Peter as I sing this. Peter, in Matthew 14, sees Jesus walking on water. Anyone would think, "WOW!! I want to try!!" So Peter, (perhaps knowing that unless the Lord told him to come to him, he couldn't) asks God in verse 28: "Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water!"  And the Savior said, "Come."

Now stop and think for a second on Peter's faith!  He's about to get out of this boat and walk on water to the Savior. He doesn't just cannon bomb in and start walking, expecting the Lord to be there when he sinks. He asks if this was God's will! So important!!

So then continuing on, Peter gets out of the boat and starts walking to the Savior. In verse 30 he sees the waves and begins to fear. Now can Peter swim? I don't think so!  Otherwise it would have said, "  . . . and Peter swam back to the boat".  Instead it says that Peter began to SINK. Peter, knowing this was the Lord's will, reached up his hand and cried saying, "Lord, save me."   IMMEDIATELY the Lord stretched forth his hand, and caught him.

I just want to testify that no matter how low you think you have sunk, Christ has been lower. When He knelt by the tree in Gethsemane and hung on the cross at Calvary, He knew better than anyone what it means to hit rock bottom. He will IMMEDIATELY reach out His hand if you are sinking. He will go to the lowest of lows with you and carry you in His arms till you are out! God is all loving! I testify if you reach up like Peter did, nothing can stop God from immediately reaching down to save you!

I love this Gospel and I am praying for all of you! I hope you all have an amazing week and remember the Lord is always with us!

Palangga ta ka (: (not Cantonese, so good luck translating if you don't already know the language)


Love, Sister Webb


The Elders stole my camera . . . 

What?  She must have shopped at Mika Rose too!!

We do look pretty cute together!

I ran into Elder Angelo Crosland!!  SO FUN to see him!!


No comments:

Post a Comment