Monday, May 8, 2017

70 x 7

God is amazing and real!   I love God’s promise of 70 x 7 in the scriptures.  He will always give us another chance if we are repentant!  I have felt His love and forgiveness this week many times.

 Lately I've felt like I was kind of failing as a missionary.  During this time, the words of a wise MTC teacher came to my mind, “You will flail but you won't fail!”   And that has been more true than ever!   I am flailing all over the place here in Honk Kong, but I know I'm not failing. God's hand is always ready to help and will always be there to catch us. His love will always be there to comfort us, and his words are 100% accessible for us to use so He can guide us.

This week we taught a man named Ben.  Ben is an interesting one (:   So he always wants to meet at McDonalds, which is hard because worldly songs are always playing and there is just lots of noise (and it always makes me and my companion want ice cream! The struggle!!). But anyway, we were teaching him and by the end of the lesson I was starting to get really impatient.  Then a song that I loved came on, and I just couldn't hold back the frustration anymore and started crying.  We got on the hing tit and my companion started crying too.  There we were, these two crying American missionaries on a public bus in Hong Kong.   We got off the bus and walked home, but that night we evaluated ourselves, our companionship, how we were spending our time, and how we could improve.  We made 4 sticky notes of goals to improve on ..it pretty much included everything.. BUT I want to testify of the importance of making plans to achieve the goals you make! You can set as many goals as you want and feel super good about it! But if you don't make a plan on how you will achieve those goals, it will become almost impossible to accomplish any of them. Thank goodness Heavenly Father is patient and forgiving as I try and sometimes fail in my goals here!  I have made so many goals in the last 3 months and  I can honestly  say I've only accomplished a handful of them!  The moral of the story . . . make plans to accomplish your goals!

This week I also read D&C 121 and learned a lot about relationships through it. Yes, that section is about the priesthood, but if your replace the word priesthood with the word relationship, BOOM, God gives you answers to improving  relationships!

First let’s look at D&C 121:5   Let thine anger be kindled against our enemies; and, in the fury of thine heart, with thy sword avenge us of our wrongs.

This verse makes you acknowledge that fact that there might be a problem in the relationship, and that you need to stop having anger toward the other person in the relationship.

Now  verse 7:  My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;

This verse  teaches a powerful lesson, not only for relationships,  but for any trial you face in life. Have peace and turn to God because all your trials hardships and pains shall be but a moment. I love this one A LOT!

God is so simple and his doctrine is so simple.  In a talk I read this week, I learned that He is always there with arms stretched out, but he won't force us into exaltation and happiness. He INVITES us to "Come unto me." (3 Nephi 12:23) " turn to me" (Nehimiah 1:9) and  "draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you". (D&C 88:63)

His gospel is simple, His love is simple and everlasting. Turn to Him, trust Him and He will be there 70 x 7.

A mission is hard, but so far the best thing I've ever done with my life. I've learned to turn to God in so many different ways and I pray all of you will turn to Him too. He's there and He loves you and He is willing and desirous to help all of His children!!

Love you all.   Have a good week!

Love Sister Webb


The Sister on the right is Sister Curtis.  She has been one of our roomates and just finished her mission.  Her parents came to HK to pick her up and visit some of Southeast Asia.  I will miss her!



No comments:

Post a Comment