Sunday, May 21, 2017

The Snowman In The Snowglobe

I have thought a lot about skyping my family last week.  It was so fun! I loved seeing the family and hearing about all of their lives. The next day though, I felt like that snowman from the short Disney Pixar film. If you haven’t seen it, find a way to watch it (: It’s about this little snowman in a snow globe.  He’s trying to escape, and when he finally gets close to escaping the globe, he finds himself right back where he started. That’s how I felt after Skype. It was like a little escape, then we got back to work and I was back in the snow globe. But I think God noticed how down I was feeling because he started throwing miracles at me like nothing else!

Wednesday we went to Crossroads where we do service each week.  They took just a handful of us in a car to this place to paint fences. The miracle in this is that it was a change from the “normal”.  I got to ride in a car! I haven't been in a car since my first night in Hong Kong driving from the airport to Kowloon. So that was super fun and exciting AND we got to paint! Who doesn't have fun when they're painting?!
 Then I was able to pass off two parts of “language pass off’s” in one day!  Probably doesn't mean much to you guys, but that was a miracle. I was able to remember so much vocab and grammar and the people who passed me off were very impressed! So yay!!

 Then the day before that I was on exchanges with one of the sisters I knew in the MTC and we had to teach a lesson!! Neither of us can understand or speak very much Cantonese, but the Spirit was SO SO present in that lesson and the gift of tongues was given to us as we attempted to speak and as our investigator spoke to us!  Yes we struggled, but it was a powerful learning experience to just really rely wholly upon God and trust in His ability to help us.  We know He understands and can speak Cantonese perfectly, so we patiently waited for Him to help us.  (:
 We also had a Korean activity that we and a few ward members put together for the ward, investigators, and less actives.  The turnout was a miracle! So many people came, and we were able to get phone numbers, lessons scheduled, and invite people to church!  Its success alone was a miracle and it was a super fun evening, so that was a tender mercy as well.   At the activity we learned a little taekwondo, Korean, and ate Korean food. Over all it was a good week to be a missionary!

 Then I had a moment to sit down and study a bit, and read some really hopeful words. I was reminded that we don't know what will happen 7 years from now, or even 4 months from now. If we're being honest we don't even know everything that will happen before the week ends. But God does know. That’s where our faith needs to take over. We need to show God that we have faith by not stopping.  To have fear for the future is telling God we don’t trust His plan for us. His plan is happiness not fear.
One of my favorite scriptures about not fearing is 2 Timothy 1:7:  “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love, and of a sound mind." How powerful!  Through God we can have power and have a clear conscious. Yes, the future can look scary. This week I felt that fear really strong, especially on Tuesday, but when I was able to study the scriptures and these wise words, I was filled with hope and happiness. I know that as we turn to the future with eyes of hope, focusing on what we CAN do, we will have overwhelming peace and blessing without number.

I love you all so much and I hope this next week all of your days are filled with miracles like mine was.  It makes you realize that God really is in the details of our lives!

Love you all!

Love Sister Webb

All of these apartment pictures were taken right after we deep cleaned!!





Sister Rodriguez and I  on exchanges.  Yes, we taught a lesson in Cantonese and neither of us speak it well, but we were helped!.  We rewarded ourselves with M&M pancakes.  

We are trying to get you to think this is all sweat.  Reality is that we layed down on the grass to do situps and the grass was wet!


This planning session took us 3 hours.  We went a little crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment