Sunday, June 18, 2017

My Mission Testimony

These next 2 months I have many friends heading out on missions, which makes me super excited! SO I wanted to share my testimony on missionary work.

This week we had transfers and I got my second companion in the field. She is just amazing!   Her name is Sister Flynn and she is from Manchester, England.  She has been in Macau for the past 5 months.  I have been so blessed with companions. Before my mission if you asked me what I was most excited for, I would say a companion, and I still hold true to that. Having a companion out here makes everything 100 times better. They become your best friend, they become a sister, and they become the one person you know you can trust, confide in and be yourself with. It’s such a blessing!

Anyway as this new transfer has started I have been humbled by how little I know. My Cantonese is coming along and my companion has only a slightly wider vocabulary than me (she’s been out one transfers longer than me).  We are both still very new to the field and very new to the work. But I have to testify that the gift of tongues is real!  We've had 2 lessons,  we’ve been to 3 members houses, church, and called tons of people since she got here with me and we have been so blessed to have the ability to figure out what they’re saying and be able to communicate with them!  It’s something else! God is so real.

So I just hit my 5 month mark, and I know that’s not too far in, but I do feel like I've been out way longer. As I’ve talked about before, I often go back to the parable of the current bush.  The gardener cuts it way back, almost to a little stump!  This allows it to grow the way the gardener needs it too.  My second day in the MTC, God cut off a big portion of my own current bush.  I cried for a really long time and I struggled through the many weeks that passed. The 'wind' blew fiercely and it was almost too much to bare. I prayed and prayed, not to go home or anything like that, but I prayed that He would make it easier. Over these past 5 months I have been beaten down by Satan, but then through the grace of God I’ve gotten stronger. I feel like now my roots are stronger than they've ever been and I’m growing into what the Lord needs me to be!  I can feel my ability to hold my ground through the winds of Satan and the rigors of missionary life strengthening me and it’s miraculous!

This has been the hardest 5 months of my life but also the best.   I wouldn’t trade this time for the world! I love missionary work and I love being a missionary. I know God is real. I know that He has a plan for each one of us and he loves us all. 

Gordon B. Hinckley says:  “Now, my brethren and sisters, the time has come for us to stand a little taller, to lift our eyes and stretch our minds to a greater comprehension and understanding of the grand millennial mission of this, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This is a season to be strong.  My great plea is that we all try a little harder to live up to the stature of divinity that is within us. We can do better than we are doing. We can be better than we are. If we would hold before us that image constantly of divine inheritance, of the Fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of man as realities, we would be a little more tolerant, a little more kindly, a little more outreaching to lift and help and sustain those among us. We would be less prone to stoop to those things which clearly are unbecoming [of] us."

I hope these wise words from Pres. Hinckley motivate all of us to work harder and be better than ever before!

I love you all!
Happy Fathers day!!

Love Sister Webb

Sister Gomez getting ready to leave

My new companion, Sister Flynn

My package arrived from Mom!!

She sent me all EL FUDGE!!  And lots of other surprises!!

We had a fishing game in English class this week

We are still trying to figure out what was going on in the sky this evening??

One of our investigators and a beautiful script she has written

One of the member families brought us dinner . . . McDonald's . . . AND IT WAS SUNDAY!  hahahaha

Still laughing about this!

Antoher awesome investigator

No comments:

Post a Comment