Sunday, June 4, 2017

Faith

With this transfer coming to an end, I have to say goodbye to my best friend out here, Sister Gomez.  She has been the most amazing companion. She is full of optimism, hope, love, courage, happiness and hard work. She has set some AMAZING footsteps for me to follow in, and has taught me more than I thought I could learn in a lifetime. I have cried with her, laughed with her, had some amazing times with her, and some not so amazing times . . . but most of all, together we have come closer to Christ than I ever thought possible. I'm super nervous for my next companion but I am full of hope (:

I have been trying to find ways to strengthen my faith and I read something that said, "faith will come one layer, one experience, one challenge, one setback, and one success at a time." This is so true!  I think it’s true on a mission too.  Your mission will go by, one layer, one challenge, one setback, and one success at a time.

This week one of our recent converts started smoking again.  We challenged him to recommit to stop smoking and then to fast with us this Sunday for strength to overcome this weakness. That Sunday at church he was full of hope and joy. Fasting is an amazing way to build faith.  Fasting is so amazing to me because I just feel so weak, and humble. I love it! I hope you all take fasting seriously. It is a privilege to be able to fast.  I have received blessings, peace, and a greater perspective on the Lord’s hand in my life as I’ve fasted.

I also have fallen in love with primary songs! I don’t know how many times I've said that, but they are my saving grace. They change everything. So I can testify that when you just 'hum your favorite hymn' and 'sing out with vigor and vim, then you will find it clears your mind' so just 'hum your favorite hymn'!

Also right now I am having the opportunity to watch one of our investigator’s faith grow. We read the Book of Mormon with her every week and she is understanding so much! Each times she understand even more and I hope it is only a matter of time before she realizes that she wants to be baptized! The Book of Mormon is SO powerful!   I have found it’s a powerful tool in sharpening my testimony and I love reading it!

Love you all, praying for your all!


Love Sister Webb

Dragon Boat Racing is a  BIG deal in Hong Kong.  Everyone takes the day off to watch the races!  So fun!

This is Romain, an investigator we taught this week.  He just moved to Lousiana for 4 years though . . . DANGET!

This is another investigator we are teaching.  She is really sweet.

HK is SO HOT!  We get to turn on the AC when we get home in the evening and we are always dripping wet!!
Elder & Sister Cook's visit to the HK Mission!
AMAZING FOOD continues here in HK!

Me teaching English class:)






No comments:

Post a Comment