Sunday, June 18, 2017

Yet, They Were Diligent

This week has been so busy and our schedule is already booked for next week!  BUT this week has been so good! We are really busy right now trying to meet with all the ward members to present to them personally the ward mission plan. It’s been really cool to see them each get more and more excited to find ways to share the gospel and do missionary work. I hope all of you at home are doing your best to be missionaries too.

I read a quote this week from Joseph Smith that says, "Love is one of the chief characteristics of Deity, and ought to be manifested by those who aspire to be the sons and daughters of God. A man or woman filled with the love of God is not content with blessing his family alone, but ranges through the whole world, anxious to bless the whole human race. This has been your feeling, and caused you to forego the pleasures of home, that you might be a blessing to others, who are candidates for immortality, but strangers to truth; and for so doing, I pray that heaven's choicest blessings may rest upon you".   This was super touching to me because missionaries really do forego the pleasures of home to bless other people with the light of the gospel.

This week I also realized that you really can make your mission your home. Everyone told me that at first but I kept thinking, “There’s no way!”   I have been feeling like I couldn't connect with the people here . . . they wouldn't even hug me! J   I didn't think I would ever be able to call it home. But last night I walked into a member’s home and their kids just loved us!  The parents talked to us like they really cared how we were doing and I just felt so much love. It proved to me that even though I did leave the 'pleasures of home' I can still make these people my home.

My prayer is that all of you reading this are really trying to fellowship and help out your missionaries. A mission is hard and the members are our “FAMILIES” for those 18 months to 2 years. So please make them feel at home and really love them!

Love you all!

Sister Webb

This has been by daily planner cover since I arrived in HK!  It's fun to have people ask me all about these two people that I love!

These weather captions/warnings CRACK ME UP!  YES!  I's VERY HOT!!

Do they make these in the US?  They are our newest find and they are delicious!
Another weather warning - Tropical cyclone signal 1 equals a big rainstorm:)


peanut noodle soup! SOOO GOOD! in Kwai Fung

Dinner at the Bishop's house.  We love their family!


I was TRYING to schedule investigators and members for the week.. haha (: Gonna miss this girl! We have to much fun during weekly planning. 

Making sushi at a members home

Waiting for the Elders to arrive . . . we seem to be waiting for them a lot!



No comments:

Post a Comment