Sunday, July 23, 2017

Humbled One Way or Another!

This week has just flown by. I feel like there is no time to reach our goals or accomplish the things we plan in weekly planning! It just FLYS!!!  Speaking of time flying, I hit my 6 month mark!  I’m sure when it’s over I'll look back and it will have flown by.

Anyway, I’m super excited for this next week. We have a summer missionary (a teenage member from Hong Kong) staying with us, not over night, but all day.   We are really excited and it we are hopeful it will also help out our Cantonese!

So this last week has been really humbling.   First I was chastised because of my attitude towards finding. They asked us as a district what we thought of finding in Hong Kong, and they went around the room and asked each person and I said it is 'really hard, and not very effective.' This got a response out of some of the 'older' missionaries. They told me that what I put in is what I'll get out, and that it all depends on my attitude towards finding. I felt very small in that moment, and a little embarassed to be honest, but I learned that sometimes the guilty take the truth to be hard. GUILTY! So then the next day me and Sister Flynn went out finding and I had a new attitude about me to actually meet people and accomplish something.   Things went much better!  We taught one lady the plan of salvation and we got the number of these two teenage girls who didn't have a religion but were interested in coming to church. Then we ran into a less active member who (surprisingly) was really happy to see us and said she will be coming to church next week.  We ran into one lady twice and the 2nd time we were able to talk to her a bit about the church and give her a pamphlet. SOOOO moral of the story, if you show God your effort and work your hardest with an attitude to accomplish something, God WILL provide.

This week we also had the chance with our investigators and recent converts to watch the Joseph Smith Restoration movie. WOW!   That movie is something else. I cried and cried and just couldn't stop haha (: AAHH!   I just felt the truthfulness of the story of the Restoration!  So because I'm on a Joseph Smith high, I want to share a quick testimony on the power of the Book of Mormon:
Growing up, my family always read the Book of Mormon and prayed together and we held regular family home evening.  I’ve learned that these things are not something to be taken lightly.  A family united in prayer and scripture study is the most special thing in the world. It allows the children (me) to see our parents testimonies close up and observe their teachings.  It allowed me to hear learn the feeling of the Spirit and learn to recognize His voice. But not only is family scripture study and prayer important, personal scripture study and prayer are as well. I know the scriptures are something special. not just a history of the Americas, but of Chris’ts people and His hand in their lives. It’s a special book full of truth, wisdom, knowledge and love. So FAMILIES, TAKE THE TIME to read to read and pray together! Take the time INDIVIDUALLY to read daily and pray morning and night . . . EVEN when once you know it’s true (:  Our beloved prophet, Gordon B, Hinckley once said, “ So many of us use our lives as if they were entirely our own.  Ours is the choice to waste them if we wish, but that becomes a betrayal of a great and sacred trust.”  So don't waste your life away!

Love you all
Have a good week!!

Love Sister Webb


FUN P-DAY ACTIVITIES!!








BEAUTIFUL SUNSETS IN HK!

No comments:

Post a Comment