Sunday, July 30, 2017

My "Gam ma" Moment

In Hong Kong, "gam ma" means 'duh...' and this week I had a very VERY big "gam ma' moment. My sister, Jessica, sent me a package this week, which was much needed! She sent some talks, including "The 4th Missionary" talk.   I can’t even begin to describe how this talk has changed my life this past week!  Thursday I got the talk. Friday I started reading it. Saturday I realized I was the 3rd missionary.  Sunday I decided to give up, and give God my will, 'because that was the only intelligent thing to do”, as the talk says.  It has now been 12 hours since I decided to do that, and I can’t even put in words the differences I have felt since I decided to give Christ my agency. It's been the only thing holding me back for the past 18 years of my life. He's had everything else accept that one thing. So this was my “gam ma” moment.

The things that let up to my “Gam ma” moment:

Monday night:  A good native friend of me and Sister Flynn told us that we need to work harder on the language and she was really worried for us. We cried when she left.

Tuesday night:   We found a man named Michael. He has lived an interesting life.  He's 52 years old and was very interested in why we would give our lives up for as long as we did to do such a strange thing. We scheduled him for next week.

Wednesday:  Crossroads (where we volunteer each week) . . .  we got the number for a lady who works at Crossroads, called her up this last Sunday, asked how her worship service was, told her about ours, and said we wanted to spend a P-day with her this coming month.

Thursday night:   We met a woman named Malish. She is 20 and a home worker (we called them ‘helpers’ when we lived in Singapore) for a family here but lives with her own family.  Her parents don’t want her to meet with us, but we scheduled to 'accidently' run into her next Wednesday night at the train station at 8pm . . . miracles of the faithful.

Friday night:  An old investigator came to English class and scheduled us for next Monday!

Saturday afternoon:   I talked to a lady at English class who is interested in our message. She said she will be out of town these next 3 week, but said when she returns she is willing to meet.

Saturday night:   We went to go find Malish because she called and wanted to meet up, but she never showed up because her parents wouldn’t let her leave. As we were about to leave the place we had planned to meet her, the Spirit told me and my companion first to stand up and stop sitting.   Then we felt impressed to move over to another area and stand. Nothing happened for about 5 minutes. Then a boy sat down in our exact seat and we knew it was who we needed to talk to, so without hesitation we walked right over to him.   We didn’t know what to say so we just started talking.  It turns out he is a Christian,  he would love to do what God wants him to do,  and he goes to a different church all by himself. We got his number and asked if we could meet with him this next week

Sunday:  Three new people came to church this week . . . a record number since my first transfer!

So overall, I know this email was long BUT this is to show you that God knows when you will decide to give your will to Him. He knew that Sunday afternoon was when I would surrender. He knew that by the end of the week I would have given him my all. And so what did He do?  He helped me and my companion be ready to prove He understands our righteous desires and wants to give us the things we are asking for. He helped us find these 6 new potential investigators, and I know it’s because He could finally trust me as a missionary.  He knows I will listen to Him now.

So I want to extend a challenge to all of you . . . It’s just a flip of the switch-change in your mind-and we give our will to Him. But then it’s a constant effort to keep your will in His hands.  The longer the Lord has our will, the easier it will be for Him to bless us with the things we need. Don’t hold back from Him. I wish I would have learned this 6 months ago, but it’s better now than never!  Stop doing your own thing, put everything on the table, and say, "I GIVE UP!  Take it all!  I surrender my will to Yours!”, and I promise you that you will also have this “gam ma” moment (:

Love you all!!

Love Sister Webb!

Fun on the train!

This week in English class we taught our students about Superhero's!

Captain America, Missionary Style!

Cutest Goliath ever!  I threw marshmellows at him as hard as I could!

The kids here are so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment