Sunday, July 23, 2017

No One Goes His Way Alone




“No one goes his way alone”
This quote kept me on my feet this week!  I would say this has been one of our harder weeks. We lost all of our investigators and our members this week were straight 0's. Not that numbers matter, but that also means we aren’t reaching any of our goals.  It’s been really disappointing. I was reading in “The Teaching of President Hinckley” this week and he writes a letter home to his dad about similar problems he faced on his mission.  He was concerned about wasting the Lord’s time and money and feeling quite useless (which that is a feeling I can relate to this week).  He dad responded by telling him to “lose yourself and go to work." I set my mind to do just that!  The next day there was a typhoon and we were stuck inside from 7am to 4:30pm.   That made “getting to work” really difficult!  This put me right back into a dark place darnet!  Overall I would say Satan got a hold of me this week and shook me pretty hard, so that was kind of mean of him.

One of the highlights of this week was the blessed opportunity to go to the temple. I can't even begin to express the gratitude I have for the temple. I am trying not to envy you people who can just go whenever you want. I remember before my mission, my visiting teacher at BYU telling me that I would have hard days, sometimes weeks, in my mission.  One thing that helped her when she had those days on her mission was to close her eyes and remember the peace and love she feels in the temple. The next day she took me to the temple with her and sat with me in the celestial room and said, “This feeling is the feeling you need to always have with you!”  How perfect is it that on such a hard week we physically got the opportunity to go to the temple!?   Amazing tender mercies of the Lord.

Anyway, I've been watching lots of pioneer movies lately and keep being reminded of the fact that 'no one goes his way alone.'  No matter how hard the trek, how desperate the emotions, or how negative the attitude, you will never have to do it alone.   That has kept me on my feet this week. I have an incredible companion and I have God on my side, so eventually things will work out! (even if we did have a really hard week!)  I refuse to lose faith!!

Love you all
Love Sister Webb

On the bus heading to the temple

One of my favorite companions from PG!  It's really HOT here!!


My companion, Sister Flynn


Our third companion for the next 3 weeks.  She is darling and is helping us with Cantonese so much!





No comments:

Post a Comment