Friday, December 29, 2017

Christmas in Hong Kong!

What a good week! I don't have a lot of time to email because I just got off Skype with my amazing family! It was SO GREAT to see them and talk to them.  In fact it doesn’t actually seem real . . . missions are a complete time warp!

Christmas has been really good here.  We celebrated with our zone and had a fun party!   We have been well taken care of by the ward and they’ve had some amazing events for us to invite people too.  My family sent me the 12 days of Christmas and I’ve been able to open a small gift and read a talk everyday.  It’s amazing how easy it is to focus on the “true meaning of Christmas” when you’re a missionary!  I’m so grateful for my relationship with my Savior and Father in Heaven!   I think about them and communicate with them all day everyday.
  
I was reminded this week how much God protects and loves his missionaries.  We were on the train and met a man from the Middle East named Ahmed.  He was very friendly and seemed interested in hearing more about the gospel.  After a strange sequence of events (and my mom clarified some naivety on our part), we ended up at his home with a jug of milk and 4 cans of beer.   As we started teaching him the plan of salvation, it became pretty clear he wasn’t too interested.  We followed up with a call the next day to see how he was feeling, and he proposed to me over the phone.  We won’t be contacting him again and we’ve had some laughs about this, but I still know that we were being watched over and protected!
 
I really love the Christmas holiday and I’ll treasure this one Christmas that I’ve had as a missionary!  I love where I am and I’m so grateful for the experiences I’m having!

SING DAAHN FAAI LOHK!!!!

Love, Sister Webb

(Here is Amanda's testimony in Cantonese.  We were AMAZED at her ease with speaking and we think she's doing much better with the language than she realizes!! There were 3 other missionaries trying to talk with their families in this little room, so the background noise is a bit distracting :/    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjhmjnzYUlE )

Skyping on Christmas Eve


Loving the 12 Days of Christmas!

We have all loved having a little Christmas cheer and lights in our flat, especially in the evening!

Christmas Eve Day

Christmas morning in my new PJ's with Sis. Peck

I LOVE my comp, Sis. Perez

Setting the table for Christmas morning breakfast

We made the pumpkin chocolate chip pancake mix my mom sent!!



No comments:

Post a Comment