Sunday, December 3, 2017

The Fire Of My New Trainee!!

This week I got a new missionary to train, Sister Perez.  I am literally being melted by the fire she has! I love it so much! I miss having that fire. I feel like my sister said it perfectly: "Some missionaries who have been out a while seem to have these missionary goggles on.  Your trainee's view is fresh and new and full of ideas!"  I think I need to focus on her desires and share some of her fire for this work. It's crazy to me how quickly she has adjusted!   She is so laid back but focused and hard working. She is super happy, and charismatic and I feel like I'm going to learn a lot from her!

I was writing in my journal last night and I wrote something along the lines of this:  "I’m super scared that our area is going to burn out this amazing flame my new companion has.  I haven’t seen any progress here in a long time, and I really don’t want to let her down, but I haven’t lost the faith!"  Then I stopped for a minute and reread what I just wrote.  I totally pulled a 'Peter-walking-on-water'.  I said I was scared but then said I have faith in the same sentence.  In my mind now the Spirit is humbly and lovingly whispering, "O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?"   I realized how imperfect I am!   I have been doubtful and I have had so little faith.  If I could advise you all to never doubt and to have faith 100% I would, but we all know that this is something we all struggle with.  Faith without fear or doubt is a real challenge at times.  I’ve decided there is no need to continuously doubt though!  I was reading this really good talk by Elder Stanley G. Ellis called, "Do We Trust Him?  Hard Is Good." My favorite two paragraphs read:
"The hard things in our lives should come as no surprise. One of the earliest covenants we make with the Lord is to live the law of sacrifice. Sacrifice, by definition, involves giving up something desirable. With experience we realize it is a small price to pay in relation to the blessings that follow. Under the direction of Joseph Smith, it was said that “a religion that does not require the sacrifice of all things never has power sufficient to produce the faith necessary unto life and salvation.”

First off, I love this part because it talks about what sacrifice entails.  Then it reminds us that our religion requires great sacrifice and this is an important part of building our faith and testimony.  Finally, it reminds us that our sacrifice to the Lord is nothing compared to the blessings that wait in store.  Then it goes on:

"Members of the Godhead are no strangers to hard things. God the Father sacrificed His Only Begotten Son to the terrible suffering of the Atonement, including death by crucifixion. The scriptures say Jesus Christ learned “obedience by the things which he suffered” (Hebrews 5:8). He voluntarily suffered the agony of the Atonement. The Holy Ghost must be long-suffering to prompt, warn, and guide us, only to sometimes be ignored, misinterpreted, or forgotten."

I love this part.  It’s such a good reminder that we are not alone in going through hard times and we aren’t alone in trusting the Lord’s plan.  Just imagine how much more our Savior has suffered and endure than us, and then, and as my sister would say. “and YOU feel bad for YOURSELF!?" Trust in them!  (I’m preaching this stuff; I need to start doing it myself! (haha) but it’s so true!)  I have seen miracles big and small when I place my trust in the Lord and his plan. Then he concludes his talk saying...

"My greatest desires are to stand with Mormon as a true disciple of Jesus Christ (see 3 Nephi 5:13) and to one day hear from His lips, “Well done, thou good and faithful servant” (Matthew 25:21).

Make this your desire to and do everything you can to be worthy of such words as these from the Lord: "WELL DONE!!"

I’m excited for this next transfer and to feed the fire of Sister Perez!

Love you all!


Love, Sister Webb

Sister Groberg figuatively "died" this week as she finished her mission and returned home to Spanich Fork, UT!  She has been in my apartment since I arrived in HK and we have become like SISTERS!  I love her and will miss her greatly!



Saying goodby to Sister Groberg!




My new comp, Sister Perez!

No comments:

Post a Comment