Monday, December 11, 2017

His Law Is Love

This has become one of my favorite hymns. Sister Perez and I were walking to the church the other night and singing Oh Holy Night. "Truly He taught us to love one another.  His law is love and His gospel is peace." I have had this line stuck in my head all week. His law is love. How simple is that!?

So as time has gone on I have realized how much I'm changing. A friend shared a quote from C.S. Lewis: "Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different..." This is so true! Day to day I feel like nothing is changing. Some days are better than others.  Some days I feel like I completely failed.  Some days I feel like I couldn't have done anything more, but overall, change is something that has taken place in me over time.  I’ve realized change doesn't come all at once.  Change requires patience, persistence, courage, humility, trust, and a LOT of Love. With the new year coming up and this amazing Christmas season right here, we need to take advantage of the Love surrounding us.  I have found on my mission that if I do want to change or if I want to do better, it all starts with love.  Love for God, love for my companion, love for the people I talk to on the street and love for myself. Then I have to trust in myself that I can change with God’s help.  As I trust in Him, He changes me into who he needs me to be.

One thing our mission is working on right now is asking everyone for referrals. EVERYONE literally.   This includes the guy on the train that you talk to for 5 minutes, or the guy at the track that you are stretching next to. EVERYONE! And the miracles that have come from this are astounding! Funny story though. . . We got a referral and we were going to call her up. My companion and I were looking everywhere for a good scripture to share with her for a good 20 minutes!   We couldn't find anything, so we finally just decided to call her.  My companion said jokingly, "What if she doesn't even answer?"  (We should’ve knocked on wood!)  She didn't answer, and Sister Perez said, in this sad but funny little voice, "The church is still true!"   That got a good laugh out of both of us. Sometimes things don’t go the way we’ve planned or the way we would like.   Her attitude towards this just made me laugh at the simplicity of her remark. "The church is still true!"  Remember this when hard things happen and you may feel doubt. 

Anyway, I’m running out of time, but I am so grateful for this Christmas season and God's simple Law of Love. His law really is love and his gospel really is peace. Focus on His love this month and the rest the year!   The church has provided a phenomenal way to help the member and other people around the world spread the love of God.  May we all help God spread His love to the world. 

I love you all! Merry Christmas!!


Love, Sister Webb


Sister Perez and I making phone calls




No comments:

Post a Comment