Sunday, January 7, 2018

It All Comes Down To Love

So this week Christ's Atonement has been on my mind. We have been focusing a lot on talking to everyone, literally everyone! So you have to rely a lot on Christ to fill your mouth with the right words.  What that means is that His love is felt in powerful ways when we talk to others, and it really happened this week!

SO I really have been wanting to know how to rely on Christ’s Atonement more. We learn about relying on His Atoning sacrifice to help us repent and feel peace. But his Atonement covers so much more! His Atonement can literally be what holds us up throughout lives. If we learn how to humbly and willingly love and apply Christ’s Atonement, we then will have so much more peace in our lives, and we will be able to follow His will more easily.

My sister sent me the sweetest thought this week.  She said,  “It’s just that you could be the scum of the earth, the worst person that ever lived, the person who always fails, always disappoints, always misses the mark, and is never ever perfect- and He would still give you anything He possibly could. I so often feel I’m falling short and don’t deserve to receive His grace- but the thing about grace is that it is very simple, and completely free. There is absolutely no cost. You receive grace because He loves you. It is grace that motivates faith and works- NOT works that motivate grace."

I have realized that His grace will always be there for me! I read a really touching talk by Elder Anderson, and Elder Christofferson. "A Witness of God" and "Abide in My Love".  They talk about doing what we are asked to do because we love God, and that’s all it comes down to in the end. Don't do things out of guilt, or pity or just because everyone else is. Do it because you Love God. For example, in our mission I choose to talk to people because I love God!  I think that’s all that matters in the end. If we know the power of Christ’s Atonement, why would we not want to tell the person next to us that God shed a drop of blood for them, He shed a tear for them, and that He loves them?  Tell them! God loves you and He loves them! His grace will save all ends of the earth!

I love you all! I know God’s love is there for us, and we can show Him how much we love Him in so many ways.

Regarding the passing of our beloved Prophet, Thomas S. Monson . . . we were in MLC (mission leader conference) when we heard about this.  We all sang, “We Thank Thee Oh God For A Prophet” with tears in our eyes. Angels were definitely among us!   I know they will continue to push us and help us!


Love, Sister Webb

A BBQ in the park with some members

No comments:

Post a Comment