Thursday, January 18, 2018

Learn of Him

This week has been really good.  I got to see President and Sister Lam twice!  I sure love those two people so much! I have been reading about the new curriculum this week and the new theme for 2018 "Learn of Me", and I am so excited. This really fits our world today. We need to learn who Christ is and learn about His teachings.  We will all be given opportunities to teach the way He taught, so we need to learn how He taught!   We need to study His doctrine, study His life, study the way He went about doing things, and copy it!  He promises this is D&C 84:88:  “And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also.  For I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."

We need to trust this promise. If we do, He will literally be on our right hand and on our left, He will bare us up, carry our burdens and be in our hearts! And He’s NOT lying! I have realized on this mission that I have a hard time sometimes trusting God . . . trusting that He will provide, trusting that He will help me learn the language, trusting that what I've put in is accepted and appreciated and enough.  Then I am reminded again and again, "Sister Webb, STOP WORRYING!"

I love being on a mission. It’s where I need to be and it’s what I need to be doing.  I am reminded of that every time I talk to someone. They are excited to learn who I am, why I speak their language, what my purpose is, and hopefully I can give them a chance to feel even just an ounce of the love the Savior has for them.

We met the most amazing girl on the train the other day.  Her name is Angie. She is such an optimistic little thing.  She is 22 and trying so hard right now to learn English.  She was so happy to have "two new friends"!  We invited her to learn more about God’s plan for her, and she has just immersed herself in the scriptures.  She loves prayer and it has been amazing to watch this fire come alive in her eyes.
This gospel really is true.  May we learn of Him, come unto Him and trust Him!

Love you all!

Love, Sister Webb

This is a man in our ward who turned 98!  We went to his birthday party:)


Me, Sister Perez, and one of our favorite girls from our ward

This is the text we received from the 22 year old girl we ran into on the train this week.!

We love this family in our ward!

Sister Perez was frying french fries and the grease got her a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment