Monday, May 28, 2018

A Lesson I Needed To Learn


Do you ever feel bad about something...and then you feel guilty for feeling bad? And then you feel even worse for feeling guilty, which makes you feel even more guilty? That was me and Sister Sam this week!

I hate it when I'm so prideful that God has to force me to be humble and teach me the lessons He needs me to learn hard way. I was certainly taught the hard way this week. Sister Sam & I learned a lot about self control, turning to the Lord, learning not to worry too much, and learning what happens when you slack off.   We didn’t put our all into the work this week and it was a really discouraging week for both of us.  We had one night where we desperately wanted to feel the Spirit, so we went o the church and went into a quiet room to pray and read out of the scriptures. Ironically enough we opened up to the Savior’s Atonement and His crucifixion and resurrection. We read the whole thing and I it’s difficult to describe the peace that came over us in that little room at the church.  Then for the first time in a long time we prayed in English, and the Spirit brought us both to tears. We realized that we did not do our part fully this last week and realized that we let down the Lord as His missionaries and we felt so sorry!

But the chance to partake of the Sacrament on Sunday changed EVERYTHING for us!   There is power in the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  We knew we had been forgiven and we had a fresh start!  I’m so grateful for the mercy and love Heavenly Father pours out on us so generously.

Look forward to my email next week because we are ready for a week of miracles! DAAIH GAA!! Love you!

Love,  Sister Webb

Our Skype with Amanda on Mother's Day was great!

She started trying to call us from the Apple Store in HK, but that was unsuccessful so she had to walk 40 minutes to a gaming store where several other missionaries were gathered calling their mom's.  It was noisy and chaotic, but still so good to see her face and hear her voice!


Amazing food in HK!



No comments:

Post a Comment