Monday, May 28, 2018

The Holy Ghost Is My Best Friend!


First, Elder Gong visited with us for about 2 hours this week.  It was really amazing and I got to lead the music!  We are so blessed to have Latter-Day Apostles!

There is a lot on my mind right now as I’m writing this email, but the one thing that sticks out to me is a General Conference talk I read recently that taught me that the Spirit is “no stranger to rejection.”   As a missionary, we are rejected multiple times a day, especially if we are opening our mouth often and trying to talk to other people. (I think this builds characterJ) What helps me get through this is to try and understand how the Spirit must feel.  I personally felt and understood the Spirit in powerful ways this week.

We had a flash of inspiration to set up our church to look like the Plan of Salvation and invite people on the street to come in and walk through the path to their own salvation.  It was inspired and brought miracles into our missionary work in our area!  I know this was direct revelation from the Spirit and it worked beautifully!  The people that came through our tour were incredible and God picked them up off the street for us!  Three became new investigators and one picked a day to be baptized. Also, two of the people we took in got to the point of earth life.  Then suddenly the Spirit COMPLETELY flipped the lesson and turned it into EXACTLY what that person needed to hear.  There was no denying we were working very closely with the Spirit, and as a result had SO much success.

I really am also learning what it means to "work like it all depends on you, and pray like it all depends on God".   I know I have said that before. But this week we really learned the truth of that. It was in direct contrast to two weeks ago when Sister Sam & I got very distracted, didn't try our hardest,  and as a result had little to no success. This week we worked our tails off organizing this plan of salvation lay out and finding people to tour it.  It was also incredible to see the ward get involved!

Our ward threw the best party this week! They cleverly organized games and had prizes, but in the end it was all for the missionaries to get new investigators AND WE DID!  We received 20 REFERRALS  from it and ALOT of members got excited to start teaching their friends.

This week.. wow.. I can't even put into words the miracles God performed. I know it’s because we worked really hard and we worked with the Spirit on all of it. The Holy Ghost is real. For those of you who are questioning His existence, He feels your rejection and He is often ignored by us, but He is a real person!  He lives and you can have free communication with Him if you desire and believe He's real. I can testify that the three members of the Godhead are real. They are as real as me and you and they can have a relationship with each of us!  They want to help us.

We had an investigator this week look at the picture of Christ knocking on the outside of the door without the door knob.   He looked at the picture and said, “How do I let him in?"   We told him to PRAY!  Pray, pray, and pray harder AND THEN BELIEVE that He is actually on the other side.

I’m so grateful for this week and the help we received as missionaries for the Lord.  This church is true!  God lives and loves us.  The Holy Ghost is full of long suffering and love, and he will NEVER give up on you, so DO NOT give up on Him!

Love you all!
Love,  Sister Webb

Sister Sam and I enjoying a minute looking out at the beautiful coean in HK

Have I mentioned that HK has the BEST FOOD in the world?!!

Preparing for our Plan of Salvation activity:)




No comments:

Post a Comment